Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    moscatel

I’ve been planning to paint a mural on cement wall. I totally forgot that I promised to do it this summer so it’s about the time to start.

This would be my first mural ever. I don’t know what kind of paints to choose for the work? I need to consider that part of a year the mural painting will spend out in approx. -5 F. It must tolerate cold temps. No rain or water will fall to that wall or painting.
        Something else I should consider before starting the work?

La_

If/when the wall is clean, clear of chipped/cracked paint, regular latex house paint works well [in canada, brrr, rain and shine].

have a plan and have fun, murals are a blast

la

moscatel

La, thank you for answering. Then I will go to a normal paint shop and buy normal paints. Will try to keep it simple. It’s going to be one of Botticelli’s paintings. Will post a photo of it when done.

La_

sweet! please share here when you’re finished, or even before, works in progress are always fun to watch.

Which Botticelli are you planning? i’ve done his Calumny of Apelles piece, (on a 36×48 if i remember correctly) it’s timelessly brilliant. Couldn’t imagine doing it as a mural tho!

la

moscatel

The original ‘Calumny of Apelles’ :eek: looks complicated. :thumbsup:

I’m planning to do the Venus, but leaving out the other figures, only Venus, sea shell and the sea and sky. So I’m simplifying a lot. Can I find anywhere your ‘Calumny of Apelles’ mural?

La_

hrm, i couldn’t find it either … a WC! glitch i expect, i did post it here, not in this specific forum tho, maybe wip or oc.

anyway, it’s not a mural, just a large-ish piece on canvas and i won’t be finishing it to the level of detail of the original, holy smokes

sorry for the mild blur …

la

moscatel

La, :thumbsup:. It looks perfect finished to a level you did. Complicated enough! I wouldn’t even dare to start ‘Calumny of Apelles’. Thanks for posting!

moscatel

The mural was delayed a little bit but I finally managed to start this summer 2020.

. have a plan and have fun, murals are a blast la

La, you were right it was the most fun!! I’m surprised how much I enjoyed painting it. The figure is a size of an average tall person so this figure is the first this big I’ve ever painted. Before starting I was sure I won’t be able to paint that big but it was surprisingly easy.

Here is the final version of my wall now. I need to upload it as an attachment because the insert image -icon turns the image upside down and I can’t rotate it. Hope the image shows. — Edit: ok, the attachment is rotated also .. can’t do anything about it ..

Attachments:
                                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.