Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Another card

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rachael1

Again a card for a special memory of someone. I wanted it to be soft and linked. The tree branches flow into one another. I can feel the message I am trying to portray and hope the recipient does also.
        My favourite bit is the soft ethereal sky. I possibly could make the sloping horizon a little more colourful but sort of like it flowing into the sky.
        Polychromos on smooth hot pressed paper.
        I realised today in this lock down why I am so enjoying coloured pencil. It is so much easier to control a pencil with my shaky hand rather than doing acrylic or watercolour.

Pingpongfan

Looks like stained glass. Lovely.
            Vena

KarenESP

That’s what I thought, lovely stained glass effect, very nice.

MaryFlora

Gorgeous Rachel! Lovely how your colors throughout the painting flow together.

Soft, serene, and comforting.

You handled your medium beautifully.

What size paper do you prefer, Rachel? I think around 8 x 10 is my comfort zone. Hope to go bigger one day soon but need to clarify my idea!

:) Mary Flora

Rachael1

Thank you for comments.
                        Mary Flora I don’t really have a preferred size. However I like to have a purpose for my art attempts. I also don’t feel comfortable displaying them, so find making card size a way that works for me. I bought a big batch of envelopes last year for homemade xmas cards and just cut whatever paper I am using to fit those. I end up with a folded card that’s about 6″x4″.

KaySilver

Very nice work indeed. It has a lovely calming feel.

I’m a cardmaker too – I often use my little watercolour paintings or small adult colourings on my cards. It’s a lovely way to share one’s creative efforts (although cards are on hold for me right now – I’m not posting anything during this crisis).

I find any kind of artwork very therapeutic in times of stress. It’s a great way to direct one’s mind away from worries, and onto something more relaxing.

MaryFlora

Thank you, Rachel, for sharing your process. Your work is lovely!

Rachel and Claudia, what a beautiful way to share your work with others!

Mary Flora

brissie

My immediate thought was “lovely stain glass” too so guess it would make a lovely panel ☺☺

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.