Home Forums Explore Media Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials Ladybug Collage (my first collage)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JohnWallie

A few days ago I finished my first collage artwork. I used bits and pieces of magazines and pasted them on a 9X12 canvas. It was a thoroughly enjoyable process, so I will definitely be doing more collages in the future.

Please feel free to give critique, let me know what you think and what things I should keep in mind for my next collage(which will probably be a Snail, I’m thinking).

-John

It looks great John, ladybugs have six legs btw.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

KiwiKate

Great work — I love it!

Kate
            Henderson, Nevada
            C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

Cyndi L

Lovely fun!! You should check out a few other artists here who do great torn paper collage work, especially their inclusion of words. It adds another layer: bluegenes and KreativeK

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1426845

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431737

JohnWallie

Thanks Yorky, KiwiKate!

and thank you very much Cyndi for the links to those 2 artists, their work is very inspiring! It’s interesting how Patricia Henderson maintains certain patterns in her collages, and Kay on the other hand, is like me and just cuts up the pieces randomly onto her art.

I’m going to have to try maintaining some sorts of patterns in my collages in the future.

Triduana

This is brilliant, love the bright reds and greens. I like the background shapes cut to represent blades of grass and how some edges are cut, and some torn – the word fragments are an interesting addition too! I hope you carry on with collage because this is a great start! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Love this!!! So much fun and work, too, that go into these collages.
                        I do not cut mine, however, but tear the edges to make a smoother lay/bond.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ladypainter

Wow this bug looks like it is three dimensional sitting on the background. Great work.:)

Elinor:wave:
                            "keep your own time tickin"

laf.art

Great work really fun

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                                Instagram laf.abstracts

JohnWallie

Thanks for the very nice comments Triduana, Kay, Elinor, and laf.art!
                                    I don’t have very many magazines but I’m working with what I’ve got on my next collage project. I’m finding that Purplish-blue is a difficult hue to find.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.