WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2018, 02:36 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... January 2018

Hi Annie!!!

Marcia...thank you for looking that up...interesting...and I'm flattered you see me in the description... ....

the linden tea sounds great and good for the "warning"...I tried drinking oolong regularly for a while and had bad side effects with it...lowered my blood sugar to dangerous levels...so always good to research such things...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2018, 01:28 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Marcia, I was interested in your tea until I saw the thing about blood pressure and/or heart probs. So I think I will stick to my own tea; Cosey Chamomile herbal tea.

Annie, I'm so pleased to hear that you came through the flu - it's really rugged this year. After nagging Himself often to get his flu and pneumonia shot, he finally told me that he did get it a week ago.

My painting is pretty much finished; I just have a few helmet details and some richer color contrasts to go. I'm hoping to get it finished by this coming week, so I'll have some drying time to get it into the February show. And I hope I can get a good frame for it.

#153   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2018, 02:06 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy, glad you have made progress on your painting...glad it will be ready to hang...hope you can get a pic.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:35 PM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Nancy, I was thinking of you regarding issues with the tea. Chamomile is good too, they are very similar in taste.

Congrats on getting the painting finished in time for it to dry, and good luck with finding the right frame.
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2018, 04:26 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Thanks for the encouraging words, Nancy and Marcia, but I guess I spoke too soon about being recovered. This morning I woke up with an icky, drippy, sneezy cold and draggy feeling, which is exactly how the flu started off for me weeks ago. I'm praying that I became immune when I got the flu back then and that it's just a coincidence that I have the same symptoms now. I don't have any Linden for tea, but I'm going to have some citrus and hope that will help. So once again, even though I planned that today was to be a painting day, the painting gods are working against me.

Nance, congrats on the wrap up of your painting. I know you've worked on it for a while and am glad it'll be ready for the show. I want to see a photo of it too! I hope you can get it posted.

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 01-22-2018 at 05:11 PM.
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2018, 05:48 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Annie, how awful! Do you suppose that it's yet a different strain of flu? Please take good care of yourself and stay warm!

#157   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Annie...so sorry you can't seem to get well...

have been working for some time at it...but now dates for my Vancouver visit are set... Feb 18-24...will clear out my personal items left behind...condo will be listed prior to my arrival on about the 9th or 10th...will be a big goodbye for me...will still go back for visits, but this is how this chapter has to end...new one yet to be played out.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #158   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 01:38 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Wow, Becca! Dreams do come true when you put all the effort you can into them. Your trip to Vancouver has been postponed for so long that I know you'll fall in love with it again when you get there February 18!

#159   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 03:10 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Nancy and Becca, thanks for the good wishes.

I looked it up and it is possible for someone to get the flu twice in one season if there's more than one strain going around.

Nancy, I'm going to have to listen more carefully to you! You told me to get a flu shot even though I had already had it, but I kept putting it off. I'll listen to you from now on. When you mentioned keeping myself warm, I went for my wooly socks. Still hoping that it's just a bad cold, I was just starting to catch up from the early bout of the flu...

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 01-23-2018 at 03:14 AM.
  #160   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 12:23 PM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Oh Annie, sorry to hear you have taken ill again, I hope it is a kinder bug and you are over it quickly.

I hope Pearl is being a good nurse.

Becca, it must be hard closing the chapter on this one. At least it doesn't keep you from taking visits like you said, and there are always options like vacation rentals, home swaps, etc., for longer stays. Once it is concluded, you will be off on new adventures!

I have an emial in my drafts folder, informing Boss from Hell that I am no longer going to be able to do his books after March. I am just waiting for an answer to a question I sent to an accounting firm that I am going to recommend to him. My only concern is not being able to make up for the lost income, but I have a new, albeit small, revenue stream coming in from the witch doctor, and many projects that I believe would be lucrative, if I only had time to pursue them.

Hopefully, in 3 months time, I will be wondering why I didn't do this ages ago.
  #161   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 12:34 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Marcia, it is hard...but I"m ready as I'll ever be...and like you say, new adventures await...

good luck with the boss from hell...and no doubt you will wish you had done it long ago...
Becca's Fine Art my blog