Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art Our Chat Room ~ "The Eclectic Cafe"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 346 total)
  • Author

Welcome to those members who usually post here and also new members to our forum. The new corner hangout has been reopened :clap: and is ready for customers! We love to hear from you all!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Well, it is mid-August and we are in the middle of a fierce thunderstorm in west Texas. What is everyone doing?

Kay

Eraethil

I’m having a staycation with the family. We’ve planned a river float today, but I’m the only one up and it is approaching noon, so I think this may turn out to be a “rest and prep for tomorrow’s float” day. At least everyone is relaxing on our staycation!

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
        Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

laf.art

We’ve been enjoying heatwave Lucifer:evil: – so trying to stay still and keep cool

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
            Instagram laf.abstracts

Eraethil

A while ago I posted a pic of Ontogenesis and recently updated that thread with good news. It was also in a local exhibition titled Glorious and Free (a phrase from the Canadian national anthem) last month and the City of St. Albert Canada 150 team asked to interview some of the artists featured in the exhibition. So now I’ve officially joined the YouTube generation, and thanks to the wonderful editing of the Canada 150 Team, I am not too embarrassed to be included on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbjN584NEWE

Please ignore the excessive use of “uh” and the sunglasses. I wasn’t trying to be like Sia, I just had eye infection at the worst possible time!

Cheers,

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Your staycation sounds like a very relaxing time, Rick, so enjoy it. Those are well worth it usually, to me at least. A chance to catch up! I’ll check out your youtube fame. Congratulations!

Lyn, are you living in Malta?

Kay

laf.art

Hi Rick I’ve just watched you -:cool: you look pretty cool and managed to be coherent as well. Kudos and I love that piece.
                    Yes Kay been here for around 10 years now. Have you been here?

Instagram laf.abstracts

No, but I’d love to go.

Kay

laf.art

Well come on over:) . If you love heat, crazy driving, noise, pollution ooh and some lovely old buildings it’s the place for you hahaha

Instagram laf.abstracts

It sounds cool! Are you from the States originally?

Kay

Katie Black

I’ve never been to Malta but it sounds lovely…

The weather here in Costa Rica is glorious, although its the rainy season so it sometimes rains mucho in the afternoon which I actually love. There is nothing nicer than being inside with a good book and the sound of torrential rain outside..love it.

What am I doing at the moment? Mmmm lots of stuff really (still learning Spanish, but now twice a week) but not much painting. I pulled a large painting off the wall about a month ago because I finally realised what the problem was…I didn’t like it!! ever done that? I finally realised what was wrong with it….anyway I painted over it, and it’s coming along nicely, but then other stuff got in the way and I haven’t continued. I will try to finish it next week and post it, it is huge. The thing is that because I haven’t laboured over it for hours I have this kind of mental block that it’s not good enough, silly really, sometimes things do come together without too much sweat and tears!!

I keep meaning to post a photo of my butterfly bush :lol:

I have this amazing plant outside my window that attracts so many butterflies..it is glorious and beautiful all at the same time..what I do when I pass it on my walks is that I slowly blink at it as though taking a snapshot /photo and then it stays in my minds eye for quite some time.

I will post it I promise soon.:wave:

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

laf.art

Kay, no originally from the UK but haven’t lived there for over 25 years.
                                Katie I’d rather be in Costa Rica to be honest. I lived in Asia for a few years and loved that afternoon downpour as well.
                                Glad to hear you’re painting again – haven’t seen your work for quite a while.
                                I always think I need to add more if a painting comes together too easily:)

Instagram laf.abstracts

Katie, I want to see that butterfly bush you’re talking about. Where are you originally from?

Lyn, that is a long time to be away. Did you have to give up your citizenship?

I also lived in Japan being a military wife and really loved it.

Kay

laf.art

Kay – No, according to my passport I’m still a Brit. but to be honest I’ve always just felt like a person if you know what I mean, and for the last 20 years I’ve felt like a European if anything. Now with Brexit who knows:)
                                    I love butterfly bushes – I’m surprised they grow in Costa Rica – I had a couple in my garden in the UK

Instagram laf.abstracts

Yes, I know what you mean.

Kay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 346 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.