Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air Our Plein Air Shows, Awards, Workshops, Articles and Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    JamieWG

Individual postings of shows and events, workshops, awards, article write-ups and other news are supposed to be placed in the Member News and Events forum. Since many of our “regulars” here want to celebrate these occasions with their Plein Air Forum friends, this thread is a place where you may do so within the Plein Air forum.

So, does anybody have some great publicity or show info they’d like to share? Let’s hear it!

Jamie

Hudson Valley Painter[/url]
        Hudson Valley Sketches -- Reviews/Lightfastness Tests/Art Materials
        [/url]
        One year from now, you'll wish you had started today.

Yokovich

Here is some recent press about us. Between our group and the gallery we probably sent out no less than 40 press releases about our annual show. We are hoping that we will get featured in a few more places and there is time for this to happen because our show is up until December! We have listings about our upcoming reception(s) in major websites and papers.

IdahoHat

Celeste – I sent out the word to my friends in Portland. It’s a bit far for me here in North Idaho, but I would love to see it. I hope that the work will be posted at some point online or in an art magazine, so many more can enjoy it. What a great show it promises to be!

Yokovich

Celeste – I sent out the word to my friends in Portland. It’s a bit far for me here in North Idaho, but I would love to see it. I hope that the work will be posted at some point online or in an art magazine, so many more can enjoy it. What a great show it promises to be!

Thanks Harriett..I bet there will be a follow up post after the reception. Thanks again )

I placed 17 paintings, pastel and oil, in the main lobby of the Gail Borden Public Library in downtown Elgin, Il for the month of October. Included were four sets of plein air pastels shown next to studio versions in oil.
                    BillF

Donna T

That’s great to hear, Bill! I hope it’s a successful show, whether you were looking for sales or just to get your name out there.

Donna

Donna
                        C&C Always Welcome

Donald_Smith

WTG Bill!!!!

If you have the time, please take a photo and post it for us to see.

Thanks!
                            Don

"We are never really happy until we try to brighten the lives of others." Helen Keller
                            A Painter's Quest

JamieWG

Bill, how exciting! I wish you the best of luck with your show. Let us know how it goes! Feel free to show some images from the show here in this thread.

Jamie

Hudson Valley Painter[/url]
                                Hudson Valley Sketches -- Reviews/Lightfastness Tests/Art Materials
                                [/url]
                                One year from now, you'll wish you had started today.

Many of you here know of William Wray and some of you may know I enjoy writing about art issues. I had great pleasure in reviewing William for my column, The Artist’s I, in the pages of The New Individualist. For an online version of the review go here.

www.MichaelNewberry.com

MichaelR

A really interesting review, thanks for posting the link!

Michael Richardson
                                    Constructive and informed criticism is requested. I am here to learn and will not be offended:)
                                    "Oil paint needs only to be thinned by the vigour of its application" Walter Sickert
                                    Michael Richardson's oils and watercolours and Michael's Blog and painting holidays

cjorgensen

Thank you for writing the article, and sharing it with us. I have only seen Bill Wray’s urban pictures, but those clouds are breathtaking. :)

boomerbeach

A spot-on, enjoyable review of Wray’s works. “Crystal Cove” has always knocked my socks off. I feel very lucky to paint there regularly, some 30x in the past year, and recognize the Cove as a truly mystical, wondrous place for PA. I don’t recall the story behind this work and found your description most interesting.
                                            During these past 12+ months, I’ve made the effort to personally attend three to four of Bill’s SoCal gallery opening/shows and have always found even a distant drive worthwhile. A few weeks ago, Bill had several works at Wendt Gallery, Laguna Beach. Each was unique with individual merit, from a jet at a hi-desert plane graveyard to the L.A. hot-dog stand, an old hotel, parking lot, alley-way, etc.. The drama of his works capture attention like few other artists can. :thumbsup:

boomerbeach in SoCal:wave:

Snowbound

Thanks for the illuminating (!) review on Bill’s work. When I came here to pick up doing oils again, he was one of the first painters who caught my eye. I’ve learned so much from seeing his work online and reading his posts here, and watching him stretch. Your review pulls a lot of that together in a consistent way. I wish I lived close enough to go to one of his shows so I could see the paintings up close! Boomer, you got it– there is drama in everything he does, regardless of topic.

Dayle Ann

http://www.DayleAnnStratton.com online portfolio
                                                http://snowboundstudio.blogspot.com/ random musings about life and art

Anything worth doing is worth doing badly... (anonymous)
                                                V-A

Thanks, it was wonderful to read and LOOK! :D

Donald_Smith

Thanks for sharing. I too always admire the drama that Bill captures in his art work.

Don

"We are never really happy until we try to brighten the lives of others." Helen Keller
                                                        A Painter's Quest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.