WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-12-2019, 02:15 PM

Hails from Germany
WIP Venom FanArt

Hello everyone,

I am really not sure if I am in the right place. But honestly I am a bit overwhelmed of this huge webside and my English skills are a bit limited. So I am sorry if I do something wrong.

But I want to come to my topic why I am here: I started working with alcohol markers. I am using the Winsor & Newton Brushmarker.

I am looking for some good instructions/explanations to work with markers like color picking (for blending), blending and mixing and maybe advice for a good paper... I use markers together with my graphite and/or coloured pencils so the paper should be suitable for them all.

So this is my current piece of work. In the beginning I started with a graphite background because I wanted to do a graphite piece ... than I added colour to his tongue...and yeah.. I actually don´t know what I am doing here. I just did what came to my mind in that moment. Experimenting. The eye is completely done with markers, the tongue has a marker base layer with coloured pencils on top.

I hope there is someone here who has some tipps for working with markers or can recommend a book or maybe Youtube channel. I can only find people who use markers for comic or Anime stuff but I prefer a realistic look and I am sure... markers can "do" realism.

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-12-2019, 10:59 PM
WC! Guide
Missouri, I'm still in Colorado in my heart

Hails from United States
Re: WIP Venom FanArt

Hi Jessica this looks awesome!
I'm looking forward to seeing where our go with this.
As for advice experimentation is one of the best teachers. Just learn what works for you. I don't use markers so I can't give any advice, but you look like you do great work with them.

Dianna
WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art

C and C always welcome.
My DeviantArt Gallery http://dianna-art.deviantart.com/gallery/
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-13-2019, 09:21 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: WIP Venom FanArt

I'm afraid I don't work with markers either, but this is looking great so far!

When learning something new I go to YouTube and watch whatever videos I can find. Try searching there for realistic marker art.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.