Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Studio Picasso Oil Pastel works

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steven

As we all know it was Picasso amongst otheres that prompted Sennelier to develop oil pastels.

Mo. recently wondered about his oil pastel works in the Oil Gushers thread:

now what about Picasso, does anyone know where his origianl OP paintings/sketches are and if so in what condition? I’d guarantee if one came up for auction, the price would be phenomenal.

So, I decided to do some on-line searching on the subject:

Here’s a first one I came across:
        http://www.joanmichelman.com/
        http://www.joanmichelman.com/images/picasso_smoker_home.jpg Pablo Picasso
        Buste d’Homme a la Cigarette, 1964
        Oil pastel on rag paper
        26 ½ x 20 inches
        Signed upper right: Picasso

"Every little observation is a study" - Joseph Mallord William Turner

Associate Member of the international Oil Pastel Society (OPS)[/URL]

eileenclaire

Thanks for sharing this, Steven. You are so good at digging things up on the internet! :) Wonder how much that one would go for.

Eileen

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
            ~Vincent Van Gogh
            Dyin

Sure looks fresh for 40 years old :)

Artist webpage
                See my virtual gallery!

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild

artbyjune

I appreciated the link to that Picasso OP. I am a Picasso fan!

:wave: http://june-walker.pixels.com/
                    Life beats down and crushes the soul.... and art reminds you that you have one. Stella Adler

Pat Isaac

Wow, Steven. You sure are good at finding these things. I was only able to find one of his after a lot of digging. It is on the OP site. Thanks, I’ll save this one for futre reference.

Pat

steven

Wow, Steven. You sure are good at finding these things. I was only able to find one of his after a lot of digging. It is on the OP site. Thanks, I’ll save this one for futre reference.

Pat

Yes, it’s awkward to search for them. If you put in ‘Picasso oil pastels’ half the hits are the Sennelier story, the other half school art projects with oil pastels :mad: And looking to on-line catalogues of his work is cumbersome too. :wink2:

Steven

"Every little observation is a study" - Joseph Mallord William Turner

Associate Member of the international Oil Pastel Society (OPS)[/URL]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.