WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Midland, MI

Hails from United States
Old Warrior III

This is the third of a series. The previous (Old Warrior II), is found under this thread:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...hlight=Warrior

Old Warrior III follows the same theme as Old Warrior II, was sourced from the same old farm, but highlights a different derelict truck. I think this one is (or once was) a Ford, whereas the other is a Dodge. The chrome-plated headlight housings of this Ford stand proud as the only rust-free surfaces on the truck. Yet they reveal that the rusty old Ford seen in the reflection still has a lot of charm to it.

The red fender seen in the left foreground of this picture belongs to another Dodge, also seen in the reflection parked alongside the Ford. This Dodge is in far too good condition to qualify yet as an "old warrior"; it has to wait another 10 or 20 years.

I'm planning at least one more piece in this series. It will feature a complete view of this old Ford.

Then I'll probably move on to other subjects, as I've got enough ideas stacking up to keep me busy for some time to come. Art always keeps me challenged, sometimes frustrated, but never bored. This is a good thing .

This piece was done on Rives BFK with Coloursoft and Polychromos pencils, and measures about 14" X 20".
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Burnsville, MN

Hails from United States
Re: Old Warrior III

Very nice Don I really like the headlight as the focal point. I find myself staring at it trying to sort out the reflection.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
Clancy, Montana

Hails from United States

What an unusual focal point! This is really cool, Don. I like it a lot.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
Desert Southwest

Hails from United States

I like your unique composition, and great job on the reflection...

http://pat-erickson.artistwebsites.com/