WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#166   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Stoughton, Massachusetts

Hails from United States
Re: What's On Your Easel: February 2012

Yvie, There is so much of the environment in the photo. The mist, low lighting etc. All that is what gives the image its underlying feeling. The participants give it life and you have captured the joy very well. Possibly concentrating on the colors now in the stones and water will spark things for you. This one is absolutely loaded with subtle complexity!

Eric, Fantastic movement in your painting, I really love it. Bits of it remind me of Bart Forbes in the way you imply movement with texture!

Well here is the update on the newest Ferrari painting. #4 in the lot. I have been almost as excited in the developments in the framing of these as much as the painting of them. The idea for this whole group of paintings is that they reflect the quality of the cars that they depict. The result has caused me to have a friend build special frames made of Peruvian Walnut. The paintings themselves will float above a background of black and gray carbon fiber. I am hoping that they really come together.
Attached Images

#167   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
A WC! Legend
In Her Own Mind & a few people in MS

Hails from United States

Just a quick update...as with the dude, women are equally hard to paint....lol

(bad crop...tried to scan it) 14x18 canvas

"Who said one paints with colors? One employs colors, but one paints with feeling."

~Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin
Susan's Soul________ Blog_______ Yessy
  #168   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
A WC! Legend
Okeechobee, Florida

Hails from United States

Susan, My She is bold.. looks great already!
Kate, THANKS!!
Steve,THANKS, I appreciate it.. takes some doing to get the right tones.. and not too Yellowish or too Pink!, the wine bottles were fun and quite different for me, so a nice change. I'm always trying to learn new things and enjoying watching your paintings!
Yvie, Thanks so much!! Its really hard to explain but I think if you add more brownish tint to the mist you'll get that warmer tone you were looking for, Honestly I think some of the figures are a bit too small so a lot of extra space between those in the middle and those in the back.
Eric, I'm loving the colors and brushstrokes in your cattle roping... Great movement!!

Last Day For February!!!
worked alot on Mom's hair and skin, Wondering if I should add a necklace or leave it plain! Don't want to take away from the faces. any thoughts??

Last edited by OkeeKat : 02-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.
  #169   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 AM
A WC! Legend
In Her Own Mind & a few people in MS

Hails from United States

just to be honest...sigh....

nothing went right today...and after much angst....I realized that parts of her chest were tooooo high....and so....nice trick with acrylic flow release....if your paint is not too dry or old...it is almost like erasing ...one has to be careful, but it is nice to go backwards without losing everything.

Tomorrow is another day, or so they say...
"Who said one paints with colors? One employs colors, but one paints with feeling."

~Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin
Susan's Soul________ Blog_______ Yessy