Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Sunday 13th October 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

An early good morning to you all. I woke at 5 am :rolleyes:

We had a lovely dinner with friends last night, lots of fun discussion.

Furniture moving for pipe access today.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

BlissC

Morning Doug, morning all, to those yet to visit, and huggles to all who need them. :grouphug:

Glad you had a good evening Doug, though 5am waking isn’t so good.

I tend to be a fairly early waker, and part of my problem is that once I’m awake my body starts clamouring for medication. Once I’ve had breakfast and medication I’ll quite often doze off again for a while. I tend to average around 6 hours, though it creeps up a little at this time of year when it comes light later. It’s spring/summer I find most difficult because of it coming light so early, and the local birds don’t so much have a dawn chorus but behave like a gang of unruly kids, shouting to each other from different trees!

Rachel
        C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
        doppler

Good Evening Doug and all following.

Lovely quiet day today. Did the cat food feeding of the birds and the kookaburra was back with its personal force field.

It’s sitting on the nearly dead tibouchina. The white sticks behind are the datura and the brown mass further back is the golden penda, a native beauty but clearly not hardy.

Then since I have been buying bird seed, I scattered m seed over the back “lawn”. Hungry gutted turkeys are there first, then the currawongs,
            then the wonga pigeons (we call them wider pigeons because they are wider rather than wonger) and our little pademelon. I make sure not to use too much if any sunflower seed. The Pades get bloat with too much of even the shells. Easy pickings for dingos then.

Thus is my day.

I’m expecting a shipment of new watercolour paper tomorrow. Bah Hong, or something like that. Made in Vietnam to the standards of local and worldwide water colourists. I’ll let you know how it goes …. which means I’ll have to paint. :rolleyes:

If interested, it’s only available at Senior Art Supplies in Melbourne.

:wave:

Edit … Hi Rachel

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

doppler

OK I overcame inertia and looked it up. Baohong. Paper.

Annie
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

Good morning Rachel, good evening Annie.

Damp out there, looks like a rainy day ahead, Got my bulbs planted yesterday :thumbsup:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

rossmarie

Good morning/evening all. Another wet day. Feeling shattered after our choir Concert last night – but it went really well with an almost full audience including the Mayor of Monmouth. Very crowded on staging when guest choir joined us but managed not to fall off! Several of us have balance problems and use sticks so it could have become quite comical :lol: Good bunfight afterwards with beers and sandwiches.

Evening Annie – like your kookaburra. Our pigeons are still slightly wonger than wider – but not by much. They annoy me – lazy so-and-so’s who waddle round the lawn and peck things they shouldn’t.

Hope you have a good day Rachel and Doug – good luck with the furniture shifting…. don’t overdo it. I’m going to find some breakfast and have a quiet day after last night’s excitement.

Mike :wave:

shadye1

Good Morning All.
                        Hobo Cat was asleep on the doorstep again, my son fed him breakfast.
                        Dull wet day, Toadstools have sprung up in the lawn and I can almost see them growing.

doppler

Oh, oh oh pure jealousy Rod. :lol: that green stuff is lawn ???

Mike my dad and mum always fed the birds on Raymond island. Sacks of bird seed every week. Dad took a dislike to Bronzewing pigeons. So, feed the birds, watch them all come in, rosellas, cockatoos, galahs etc and when a Bronzewing pigeon landed, down the stairs and chase it off. Mum and I would sit laughing. Not really a laughing matter, Dad is in another plane. Hopefully not heaven or hell, he would be bored with both, but a fair world. Long time ago folks.

Annie
                            Steven Wright
                            My Flickr Site

Lulu

Evening all….

A very nice weekend here but another wet week coming up.

Have walked nearly 12km today, around home! Backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards. Gardens, lawns, raking under the trees, cutting edges etc Then inside to clean, rearrange, de-clutter…
                                I will think we are just visiting a stranger’s house soon!:lol:
                                Ahhh spring and sunshine brings out the cleaning/tidying in me.:D

Sylvia, I did smile at the thought of me trying to bake a whole cabbage here….would be added protein in ours lol

Annie, I now have a kookaburra sound earworm…

Must go and practise our new line dance. Honky Tonk Stomp:lol:

:wave::wave:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Good Morning all,
                                It is almost 5:30 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. Chilly temps again today. Larry turned the heat on yesterday afternoon for the first time this year. I’ve put the screens up on the windows since we won’t be opening them again for several months.

Grocery shopping this morning. May pick up some chicken and make soup for dinner. I’m having a problem eating anything that requires much chewing because the cracked tooth is about ready to fall off. My appointment with the peridontist is tomorrow afternoon so I hope to keep it in place until then. No pain fortunately, just annoyance. :rolleyes:

Lovely kookaburra photo, Annie. We used to love to sing the Kookaburra song when I was in Brownies. Of course, we didn’t have any idea what it was, just that it sat in “the old gum tree”. So sorry all your lovely plants have died. Hope you get more rain soon.

Glad the choir performance went well for you, Mike.

Doug, Hope your furniture moving goes well too. Take care when shifting heavy pieces.

We see them popping up in our yard too, Shadye1.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

shadye1

Oh, oh oh pure jealousy Rod. :lol: that green stuff is lawn ???

Mike my dad and mum always fed the birds on Raymond island. Sacks of bird seed every week. Dad took a dislike to Bronzewing pigeons. So, feed the birds, watch them all come in, rosellas, cockatoos, galahs etc and when a Bronzewing pigeon landed, down the stairs and chase it off. Mum and I would sit laughing. Not really a laughing matter, Dad is in another plane. Hopefully not heaven or hell, he would be bored with both, but a fair world. Long time ago folks.

We feed the birds and get the odd stop over Pheasant, Partridge, even a pair of Peacock. The pond and grass draw them in.
                                    “that green stuff is lawn???”
                                    It is indeed, once it was mowed in neat stripes but now it is mixed with wild flower seed, clovers and other things that gladden the heart.
                                    It is lumpy and undulating, no longer required as a cricket pitch or football field it changes as over the years we alter the look of the garden.
                                    The Lioness does not like Wood Pigeon they crop around 3 ounces each at a sitting. Just now they are fat enough (or going on that way) to be eaten.
                                    :cat:

Bill

Good day all,

Hi Doug, watch your back while moving the furniture.

Mike, can’t help but picture a wobbly choir drinking beer. Glad you had a nice time.

Hi Rachael, I had about the same amount of sleep, which is an especially good night for me.

Annie, love the photo. Is that a Laughing Kookaburra?

Sylvia, hope your tooth keeps its grasp until tomorrow.

Rod, with your pigeons crapping, no wonder your lawn is so green. I use to feed the birds but it encouraged a larger population of rats with fluffy tails (chipmunks).

42 F here but still have work to do outside.
                                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good evening friends :heart::wave:

I went to Tanias today to watch the Bathurst race and Ford won Yippeeee.. It was a great race, much fun. No one hurt.

Long day though, and her sofa is not at all comfortable for me. Got home at 6.00pm, didn’t have supper, wasn’t up to it.

I am off to bed now. :)

Have an awesome day everyone and smile a lot. :heart:

:grouphug:

JJ
                                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                        MY BLOG
                                        My Youtube videos

Uschi

Good Morning!

The roofs look as if it had snowed, no snow just very heavy frost but the sun is shining brightly and we will have a high of 14C.

The big, extended family dinner is happening in Toronto today.

Last night DIL’s mom served prime rib roast which was delicious. She makes the best roast beef and the only place I get to eat it is at her place or dinner at the Mandarin Chinese restaurant where I only go a couple of times per year and where they do a fantastic job of it too. They don’t serve it for lunch.

Annie, lovely birdie photo and :crying: about all the dead looking branches.

Rod, lovely garden!! If your mushrooms are edible you have it made:)

Mike :thumbsup:

Lulu :thumbsup:

Sylvia, does it matter if the dentist breaks it off or if you break it off if it has to come out anyway???

Doug, I am sure al lot of the interesting discussions were about politics:rolleyes: :)

Hi Rachel!!

P.S.: :wave: to you Bill and JJ!!!

:wave: Uschi

BlissC

I too now have the kookaburra song learned in Brownies stuck in my head! At that age I could never work out why the kookaburra was laughing. :lol:

Glad the concert went well Mike, though thanks to Bill’s (Hi Bill! :wave:) post about a wobbly choir, I now have a mental image of the choir lashed together to prevent them falling off the stage!

We also have a lawn like Rod’s, complete with hillocks, potholes and several species of moss, and like doppler’s father and his dislike of Bronzewing pigeons, mine takes exception to the neighbour cats sitting in the garden and goes rushing out to shout at them. They just give him one of those withering looks that only cats can give, and wander off, only to come back and resume their position as soon as he goes inside. :cat:

Sylvia, I hope your peridontist manages to sort out that troublesome tooth for you tomorrow.

I finally managed to overcome my inertia this morning and finished the painting I’ve been working on. I’m not entirely happy with it, but once it’s dried off and I can get it on the scanner, I’ll post it.

:wave:

Rachel
                                                C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
                                              Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.