Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Sailor Kiwa Guro nano ink?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Minerva C

Has anyone of you used Sailor’s nano ink for sketching? What are your experiences of it? Can you use it with a watercolour wash without the ink dissolving? How long does ir have to dry before adding the wash?

I have a bottle but have not used it much. When brushing over a line with a wet brush it makes a grey wash.

I have also been thinking about if nano particles can be hazardous. I have heard that people working with it in industries must wear protective clothes not to come in contact with it. A few years ago there was a diskussion about it in media as it was being used for several purposes and was said to be hazardous.

C

"It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create."
        J.M.W. Turner

eyepaint

Hi there – sorry I have never used (nor heard of) Sailor’s nano ink. Hope someone comes along shortly.

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Someone at FPN has tried this ink and says it is waterproof.

Maria - Made in Portugal
            "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

Minerva C

It seems to depend on the paper. A paper with sizing makes it not waterproof.

C

"It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create."
                J.M.W. Turner

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.