WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#166   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #180 Jun 9-Jun 17

Thanks everyone for your kind comments about the slippery barrette.

Rainy - Love the colors of your flower garden - the deep green against the red is just beautiful. Wonderful capture of the house. Lighting is excellent.

Bonnie - Don't your cats use the pointed top to lean against and groom their ears and faces? Mine would never have been able to resist Congrats on finishing the list!!! Your shoes look so comfy - very appealling. And nice detail on all.

Joan - Thanks for the info about ink/watercolor. I've never tried it, but hope to someday. Intriguing the differences that you suggest depending on which you start with.

Yummy bag of chips. Makes me hungry. Excellent fan, and congrats on finishing the hunt again!

When I read your comment about your barrette with roses, it made me think that somewhere I have one too. Was yours little porcelain roses in a row, glued on the barrette? That's how I remember mine (I think anyway). But it has been years since I've seen it... Must be here somewhere unless it went the way of one of my donation boxes. It seems like they were being sold in the '70's or maybe the '80's? Looked so pretty. Never stayed in my hair for more than 5 seconds. It was so heavy and my hair (below my waist back then) was so slippery that it would just race down like a skier in an Olympic downhill. So it became a museum piece in a hurry. Pretty but completely useless

EP - Cool groups. Especially love the shoes. The wave across one set, and the criss-crosses of another look neat.

Michelle - Good work on your hands.

JoC - Best wishes preparing for the journey. I was wondering the same thing as Ai about your gallery???

Tania - I'm not sure - it just was one of those things. I miss my Mom so much since she died, and have really had trouble getting through the days without her to talk to and care for. And when I saw the sketch of your grammie's sewn rose, all kinds of memories about my grandma and my Mom were right there. They both had beautiful flower gardens, including a rose garden. They both were really good with a sewing machine. And I know my grandma used to embroider little flowers and roses on linens, though I only have one or two from those days. And I think my Mom may have too, but there are none existing any more to prove that to me. I don't know - your image just brought all that back I guess. How precious the time is, how quickly it is all gone except the fleeting bits of memories about days we never even knew.....

Last edited by Pine Cone : 06-17-2010 at 08:00 AM.
  #167   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Tania - We cross-posted, and I didn't want the hunt to end without commenting on the great colors and shapes of your shoes! Love all the items, and your bold style, with a terrific sense of color.
  #168   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Pine Cone - I know what you mean. My gran passed away at a very young age of breast and then lung cancer and we all miss her very much (Even i am getting emotional now). She used to also embroider flowers and other things onto tea tray towels/cloths & sheets etc. She crocheted & was a professional seamstress. She used to sit under a tree with me and show me everything she knew, i remember (and still have) a little tea tray towel with a little Bambi on it that she specifically traced out for me.
Anyway, It's good to know that we will one day soon see our dead loved ones again & I really look forward to that time.
Sending you a big hug in memory of your mom & gran.
  #169   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Robert - Thanks. I would draw Ari before doing a ceiling fan too!

EP - Love the fingers and your assortment of shoes.

Vivien - Thanks. I prefer regular chips...I'm a purist and I really don't like the ones that were on the other person's blanket...they didn't tempt me. lol

Jo - Thanks so much. What happens to the studio while you're gone?

Ai - Thanks!

Rainy - Thanks. Love the cottage...nicely shaded.

Mickey - Great job on all the fingers.

Tania - Thanks. It is amazing sometimes how different areas of the world have such similar things. Love the row of colorful shoes!!! Cute key ring for a good cause. I like your lock and key.

Pine Cone - Thanks. My rose barrette was all metal...pewter I think. It was just too heavy...but why didn't I realize it when I bought it? lol My hair was down to my waist in the 60's & early 70's.

Jeanne - Thanks so much for hosting!!
  #170   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2010, 12:10 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye
Hi Jo, if you leave to New Mexico, what will you do with your studio? Will there be someone sit in there for you?

Hi there, Ai and Joan,

Yes, my friend Judy Hawes makes jewelry and does watercolors. She will sit the gallery for me. She is a great person, so it should work out. I take most of my painting stuff and paintings with me and have a show in my hometown on July 9,10,11. Then I never know what is where. Ha.
Winston Churchill
  #171   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2010, 01:03 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

wonderful shoes and pointing fingers (ai and EP and Tania) (and keychain tania) great memories pinecone, I miss my gram who taught me sewing and cooking and crocheting and quilting, and my mom , who is lost in her own world now, who taught me about loving and life, and gardening and creativity

time is precious

have a great trip Jo and a great summer

thanks Jeanne for hosting and on to the next!

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #172   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2010, 11:53 PM
WC! Guide

artastic nice shoes
Joan love the something sweet and great job on the fan They are hard
EP most everyone did 3 pairs of shoes funny huh? Nice job.
Rainy nice little cottage and so nice it was there for you to draw.
mickey great job on your fingers. You said more with your lines than I do with shading.
tania primary colored shoes how fun even tho they were for the shoe one Nice soft ear bud and cute sweet side. What are prawn chips.?
  #173   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 AM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States

Thanks, Jeanne. I didn't realize that it fit into the challenge while I was doing it, only did it to pass the time while waiting but it sure did fit. I'm guess circa early 1900's maybe

Thanks for hosting the fun hunt!
  #174   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania
She used to sit under a tree with me and show me everything she knew, i remember (and still have) a little tea tray towel with a little Bambi on it that she specifically traced out for me.
Anyway, It's good to know that we will one day soon see our dead loved ones again & I really look forward to that time.
Sending you a big hug in memory of your mom & gran.
Tania - That is such a tender memory, sitting under a tree, you and your gran, sharing her heart and soul with you... I too look forward to seeing the ones I love again... thank you for sharing that with me, and here's a hug back to you in memory of your sweet gran, who took the time to make sure that you knew you were forever cherished.

Joan - No wonder it slid off your hair. Pewter sounds very heavy! Thanks for telling me about it. Fun to learn that you had long hair back in the day!

JoC - I'll be thinking of you in early July - good luck with your hometown show!

Bonnie - Thanks for sharing about your gram and Mom who both loved you so much and nurtured and taught you so many aspects of creativity and life. I'm so sorry that you've lost them both, even your Mom in a way... my heart goes out to her and to you... that glimmer in her eye is still you, will always be you, and nothing can take that away from her true soul...
  #175   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Pine Cone - Thank you for your kind words and for your hug

Jeanne - Prawn chips/shells - They have a different texture as they are not made of potato's (or they aren't your regular potato chip) - they almost melt on your tongue and are prawn flavor (you don't really get them in another flavor). I have a feeling that the Chinese people might make them, but they are a bit bigger and don't taste as strongly as prawns.
I wish i could send you a bag i'm sure you would like them.