WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture > Portrait Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States
Re: Portrait demonstration in oils

WOW!!! The hands are done so realistically and the detail work on the accordian is magnificent! Thank you for sharing this demo. I hope you will do more.

Jimmie Bartlett
Van Vleck, Texas
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Wow! Your mastery of portaits is so inspiring. The work on the hands and the accordian is superb. Thanks for sharing the demo. Hope to see more.

Jimmie Bartlett
Van Vleck, Texas
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2010, 10:02 PM

Beautiful painting. I hope you do more demonstrations soon. MCT
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2010, 11:35 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I'm so glad I found this demo thread while wandering through Wet Canvas. Aldo, your proficiency and insight are breathtaking. Absolutely gorgeous work. I am so envious!

#80   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Central Kentucky

Hails from United States

Amazing to hear you talking to yourself. I'm reassured when I note someone as accomplised as you can get annoyed with the process or want to hurry it to completion. That in itself is loads of instruction for a beginning painter.
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2010, 03:02 PM

Hello again Aldo. Lovely work again!! I think I would have used bubble wrap to make the buttons...lol!!
Look forward to more of your work!!
Cheers!
Suirena
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Lord of the Arts

oh my golly- cat beleive you tackled that accordian!! ha ha- thats cracked me up- i thought- no he'll keep it loose and just suggest it- then i scroll down and see you acually put the buttons in- you are nuts-lol total perfectionist...you really dont let anything slip away from you at all do you- yu just wont be beaten!
sorry im waffling......again.....i actually like yur palette- and notive yu start dark and then lighten it. Im going to post you my self portrait i did last night and see if yu can help me- but wont be able to do this till tomorrow til i get hold of my sons camera...i am pleased with my attempt- its reasonable- taken me about 15 years to get to just a "reasonable" effort, i find portraiture rediculously difficult- its really unfathomable how hard i found the process-
do yu find some faces harder than others? not being funny but i have quite fine little features.....its rediculously difficult. however ill send you a copy- and would be eternally grateful for yur input