WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2002, 05:34 PM
Bulgaria

Hails from Bulgaria
Talking "Rabbit" again

Editor's note:

When posting new threads - be sure NOT to select the option to "create a poll", unless you actually create the poll on the next screen. If you don't, the new message has to be manually approved before it will show up here in the forums. Approving this now. If this message is now a duplicate message,
because you've started a new thread, please click the "report this post to a moderator" link and let them know so the post can be removed.

Hi this must be the rabbit`s ruined garden...
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Belgium

Hails from Philippines
I've seen your previous works too... they're all sooo charming! What was your medium and where do you get your inspiration from, Vasilena? They look like illustrated excerpts from children's storybooks.

The rabbit's garden doesn't look 'that' ruined... at least his uprooted carrots and radishes are still perfectly whole. At least, that's how I see it. Someone saved Mr. Rabbit some extra work, actually.

Hazel
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2002, 05:16 PM
Bulgaria

Hails from Bulgaria
Talking

Thanks!
The medium is mostly aquarell and ink on paper.
These illustrations (the Rabbit series) are part of a picture book that I`m doing for my 15 months old son Yoan...
I hope after I finish it to find a publisher too.
The garden does not look like disaster, but I`m trying not to put destroyed objects in the little children illustrations, simply for the reason of early education.I hope it isn`t looking aggressive.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2002, 01:26 AM
West Michigan

Hails from United States
Hi Vasilena,

I have been following all of your drawings....and I must say , how lovely and charming each one is.

I read a great deal to my daughter when she was little (a decade ago!) and I can just imagine reading a tale with your illustrations. Little did my daughter know, that the story was for her and the pictures were for me!

You have wonderful, universal talent. Any child or parent would be intrigued with your talent. Best of wishes for an agent & your future endeavors!

Linda
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2002, 02:29 AM
Bulgaria

Hails from Bulgaria
Hi Linda,
Thank you for the good words!I really hope to succeed with finding publisher for this...
Now I`m working very intensively to put together a portfolio, with which to turn to the publishers.
I will post here the finished works, so you will see them too.
Hope you love them!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Belgium

Hails from Philippines
Thanks for the reply, Vasilena. I don't think your illustration of the rabbit's ruined garden is "too aggressive" for a child. And I don't think that he/she wouldn't mind seeing some carelessly pulled out vegetables from the ground either... as long as you don't do any "harm" to the main character.

Your illustrations are really wonderful. One look at them is certainly not enough because there are just sooo many nice details to enjoy! Good luck with your picture book, Vasilena. If it gets published, I'm sure every future owner will cherish it, child and adult alike.

Hazel
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2002, 01:52 PM
Bulgaria

Hails from Bulgaria
Hi
Thanks for the kind words!
I`m really hoping there is no aggression in my illustrations, because it is more than enough in all around us - from computer games to news...

I`ll keep working!
Thanks
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Lake Wales, FL

Hails from United States
Excellent work! Colors, mood, personallity--great job! I love the little houses in the background. Your detail is great, and you still manage to maintain a fresh simplicity.

--Matt
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2002, 02:02 AM
Bulgaria

Hails from Bulgaria
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the kind words!
I`m glad you liked it!