WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#121   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 02:16 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... January 2018

Becca, you did it again! "Out of the Looking Glass" even has a butterfly for the flowers! I think what I like most about your collages is in knowing what a beautiful person the creator of them is...

Mosc, Muffin has such a wonderful life with you, and gets to explore so many venues. I try to keep my cats from reading about yours, because these old homebodies would be jealous. Seville sounds like an ideal place to get some fresh outdoor paintings done.

Marcia, I'm hoping you're feeling better. You did get a flu and pneumonia shot, didn't you? They're saying that this year is one of the worst, and I cannot, for the life of me, get himself to go get his shot! Aaand he has the sniffles!

Maybe I shouldn't watch the news so much, but when you're having to put up with wearing a full brace, you try not to do too much. I end up going to bed early, just so I can live without it for a few hours. I don't get in to see the specified doctor until next week on Thursday, so I'll have to put up with it until then, and possibly even longer.

I'm thankful I can keep up with my new painting, which I think I'll have finished by then. If I have to keep the awful brace after that, I'll just have to start another painting to avoid going crazy.

I was watching the news tonight and they said that Alabama's temperature was lower than Alaska's!

#122   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 04:19 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy...thank you the butterfly was from one of my paintings.. you are too sweet...

the brace sounds horrid... hope you are free of it in a week...

and yes, the news can be overwhelming....and indeed, weather has gone nuts.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #123   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 12:47 PM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!! (Let's see if I can remember to hit 'Submit Reply' this morning.)

Nancy, glad you can paint in spite of the brace and everything. Being immobile is frustrating and boring, and there is only so much tv you watch. The new painting sounds like it is coming along very well!

Becca, this made me think of us:

I am trying not to let the unexpected expenses discourage me though.

Yesterday morning Skeezix was up on the altar in the library while I had my morning coffee. The morning sun was backlighting her beautifully.

Yes there is a lot of weird stuff on the hoodoo side of the room.

I actually woke up at my usual time this morning, 6:30. I didn't get up for an hour more, but it is progress! I think a lot of my sluggishness is due to a lack of motivation when it comes to doing bookkeeping, but I am chipping away at it. 1099s are filed, sales taxes are paid, so at least the hard deadlines are met.
  #124   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 01:14 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...glad you made it out of bed...and LOL on the bills ball...they do smack..

that is a great pic of your Skeetz...and congrats on the taxes being out...

will not even go into my most recent drama...all I can say is When will it all stop?
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #125   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Name:  me.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  92.8 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #126   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 02:25 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Marcia, I think that pic of Skeezix, with a bit of rearranging of the clutter, would make a really good painting!

#127   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 03:25 PM
Lord of the Arts

Marcia, lovely pic of Skeezix and nice altar!
Becca, had to share it ..
Nancy, thank for your thoughts about Muffin but I think she needs a friend a Bengal friend. Seville ... hope I can paint by then. My life life has been downhill for too long now, I hope the move gives some ideas and energy.
  #128   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 03:39 PM
A Local Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca

Mosc, oddly enough in English, when we say 'it's all downhill' it means the going is easy. But I know what you mean, seems like we have all had our distractions to keep us from painting lately, and it is hard to get life to slow down and regroup. Maybe Muffin will make friends with another kitty in your building. Somehow I think sharing an apartment with 2 bengals would be like living in a whirlwind.

Nancy thanks! It was much nicer irl, but I seem to have a problem getting my iPad's camera shutter to release sometimes, not sure what the issue is. When she was in a better position, I tried to snap a picture and nothing happened. Guess I just need to carry my real camera around and hope she dosen't noticethat big ol' glass eye starting at her.
  #129   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2018, 07:37 PM
Lord of the Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
Mosc, oddly enough in English, when we say 'it's all downhill' it means the going is easy.
Ha I believe you, the past few years have been going fast and not the good direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
Maybe Muffin will make friends with another kitty in your building. Somehow I think sharing an apartment with 2 bengals would be like living in a whirlwind.
She has a friend in every direction and we go meeting them almost every day. The other day hubby took her for a walk and afterwards I followed behind and to find them I only had to listen and follow the "noise": she and the black male cat were talking to each other in turns. The back male cat is the only cat kept in harness and leach in the garden meaning not running free. Owner is watching him of course. In that meeting he jumped to a fence and both cats were chatting - loud.
I finally found the camera charger and will make a video of that or this Saturday when we have the "cat show" or we are supposed to have. Haven't heard anything from the organizer back.
Quote:
Somehow I think sharing an apartment with 2 bengals would be like living in a whirlwind.
So far that is the reason we decided to take one only but ... makes me think ... Biggest problem would be how to take them for a walk same time if there were two. Impossible! Walking with Bengal cat is being in constant alert.
Oh, this afternoon she had two visitors in the garden: a pheasant that now at night stays sleeping in the cherry tree and on the back yard terrace a wild bunny.
  #130   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2018, 06:45 AM
Lord of the Arts

The pheasant was gone this morning when I woke up.
  #131   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2018, 12:48 PM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

My lungs feel almost clear this ayem.

Hope,everyone else is feeling well!

Mosc, looking forward to videos of Muffin doing her meetband greet.
  #132   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2018, 01:53 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia glad you are better...

Mosc, sound like you have some adventures planned...

just finished this one...I Used to Dream About This...a combination of images of my paintings and my photos...

Name:  Dreamresize.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  221.7 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog