Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE Jan.05 Tumbledown Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    LoganArt

How I love drawing buildings that are tumbling or in disrepair! I used a dip pen and sepia WN ink on Daler Rowney “aquafine” paper finished with a light watercolor wash. This paper will buckle with more than a lightish wash.
        8.3X11.7”
        This was about the 1-3/4 hour mark. I may piddle a little more.

The brown blob floating in the sky is where my hand inadvertently picked up ink and moved it! Argh! I was nearly done, too.

C&C always welcome
        Scattykat

…nice work on the castle, I thought the blob was a bird! Well done…

Scatty ....
            ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

tyree

wonderful darks and stone work !!! tyree :clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

ams

Well done. Love the irregular rocks and the jagged edges at the top.

Anne

Anne
                    C & C always welcome.
                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Clea

Nice one! I think I would turn the blob into a bird…

surob

Very nice. I think you should make the blob a bird. :)

Susan

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

It almost looks on fire! I like it:)

Joanne_N

Love the stone work, super!

Triduana

This is great! I love the detail you have put into the stonework. I like the way you have drawn the foreground too. I agree with the suggestion of turning the ink blob into a bird, there were a lot of crows around and inside the castle when I went there so it would fit right in! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

LoganArt

Haha. OK we will save the painting — a bird it is! I do like to always have a bird in my paintings, after all.

C&C always welcome
                                        robertsloan2

This is awesome! Love the fire and the crumbling castle. you could always continue the brown blur with some brown wash applied with a sponge to do some clouds or smoke coming out of the castle… or birds, it’d work as a basis for a bird. But it wasn’t distracting. I didn’t notice till I read the mention and looked back to find it.

I do that too sometimes, it gets frustrating.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
                                            Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
                                            blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

missswiss

I like your building and the foreground. I love birds flying in a picture and I am like Robert I did not see it until I read what you wrote, Like Bob Ross would say, just a happy little mistake. Make a bird. LOL

Have a good day, Mary
                                                C & C welcome and would be so appreciated.
                                                Blog: www.missswisssartcabin.blogspot.com/
                                                :)Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author

123harry

Nice sketch. Good stone Twitter in the castle. The blob gives it authenticity. I have done a lot pf blob and smear drawings in ink!

C&C always welcome.
                                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Make a blob into a bird shape. This is wonderful, Logan!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

crispur2005

Love it, especially all the work on the stone blocks. Beautiful.

Christine :wave:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.