Home Forums Explore Media Casein, Gouache, and Egg Tempera Abandoned Barn (X-posted from Landscapes)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I was Googling casein paintings and saw this one, which I don’t think I ever posted in Landscapes. I found the original painting. It was very dirty and looked faded. I washed it off, and it looked acceptable, so I rescanned it.

Casein
    10″ x 8″
    300 lb cold press watercolor paper

C&C is welcome.
    Richard

Perry

Well done Richard.
        The barn kind of sparkles….was there a technique
        you used for that?

That may be due to the texture of the paper. It seems to have been enhanced by the scan. I’ll take a photo of it tomorrow and see if it looks the same as the scan.

C&C is welcome.
        Richard

Nice use of the road as a entry to the painting. The lone barn invokes the lonely feeling of the prairie. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Thanks for the observation, Gary. The idea of loneliness or being alone is exactly what I was trying to convey.

C&C is welcome.
        Richard

You’ve conveyed the feeling of loneliness very well. I think scans sometimes make paintings look as if they were done in pointillism!

AbA

It was a bad scan. I scanned it again, and that sparkly effect is gone.

C&C is welcome.
        Richard

Perry

Your second scan looks better.

You’ve conveyed the feeling of loneliness very well. I think scans sometimes make paintings look as if they were done in pointillism!

AbA

Thanks AbA.

C&C is welcome.
            Richard

Boafamily

Richard this is stunning work and I love the color selections and the texture is beautiful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.