Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Figure studies with ink

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

A recent session with a cheap nib, a bamboo brush, and some walnut ink. The first page were gestures followed by some 10 minute poses. The second was about 30 minutes of a planned 1 hour pose. We didn’t think she could hold it, but she came up with the pose, and gave it a try.

It ain't like the old days, but it'll do.

Really nice ink work! I think it’s always interesting when the model tries a challenging pose- you captured it well!

bethany
    moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
    website www.bethanyart.com
    My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

I’m terrified of ink, one slip and its all over. Well done :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

blackandwhite

Good work with the ink!
        I recently started drawing sketches and croquis with technical pens and other ink pens just to improve my skills in drawing the lines right at the first time. It really seems to work. I got the inspiration from this forum and from Chris Glib’s instagram (chrisglibart). There are risks in this technique, but it can be really rewarding when everything goes well.

Good work particularly with the gestures.

Nathan.
        C&C always appreciated.
        My art on Instagram

123harry

These have a very individual quality. I like them. The little mini figures cascading down the side of the sheet are lovely.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

I’m terrified of ink, one slip and its all over. :)

I think that is what drew me to ink in the first place. I have to control the inkwell to prevent spillage, and go bold and reckless with the line. A dichotomy.

… pens just to improve my skills in drawing the lines right at the first time. It really seems to work.

I have been using pen and ink for more years than I really want to admit. Light construction lines are helpful and can be done with nib or tech pens. With nib, a nearly dry pen and a light touch create a fine light line. Usually a nib puts down the heaviest line pulled towards you, and lightest perpendicular to that. Rotating the pen in hando can help control line weight.

Tech pens can also provide different line weights. Vertical is the heaviest, and the line can be thinned with pen angle, and lightness of touch.

I love ink because it is for writing, drawing or painting. I is tonal (making life a bit easier for a colorblind artist), and portable.

ink is a good medium for these fresh and confident drawings!

Mac

sbalderrama

one of the best parts of working in ink is learning how to incorporate mistakes :)

Boafamily

Very nice work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.