Home Forums Explore Subjects Southwest and Western Art Criminal Immigrant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Preventing dangerous elements from entering our country…appx 14×18.

aspenman

A SORE subject for most – I did not think “POLITICAL ” subjects were permitted!

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
        http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

A very moving image.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Doug – Thanks so much!

This is a difficult subject matter. Political art is usually not seen here in the Southwestern/Western forum, but I know this is a huge local issue in the southwest. It is, indeed, a moving image. Nice work, Skylar.

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

Jenna – Thank you – more than words. This is not a political statement from me. It is a Human statement. If WE continue to see Others as Less, this and much more will come to pass.

Great image! Hopefully the child is not being trafficked.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

I visited Wetcanvas over my coffee this morning at the bagel shop. I was stunned. I do not know if I have ever been so moved by a painting before. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Kay – Thank you for commenting. I assume the “Trafficking” part was rhetorical.
        This child is a creation, not real.

Sam – I have to tell you when I opened this thread, I expected more criticism. I was very pleasantly surprised by your comment. Thank You!!

Ron

Based on the title and your comments….I dont agree with your underlying premise (which I assume is that the US is treating illegal alien children inhumanely or like animals)…..with that being said, it is an emotionally moving painting

Ron – Thank you for commenting.

budigart

Not so much criticism as politically/legally driven comments, such as: If you don’t want to risk being separated, don’t cross the border illegally. Problem solved. It’s a bit irksome to hear these complaints. Turn the coin around and look at the other side. Cross into Mexico illegally and you’re subject to a 10 year stint in one of those jolly Mexican prisons. Cross into other countries illegally, and they’ll shoot you.

I know! Nearly jailed more than once when I was younger, drinking beer across the border into Acuna and Juarez, Mexico and having a hard time getting both to and from the areas.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Eraethil

In The future, I will keep my images as bland as everyone else’s.

Now that would be a shame. I understand the interest in keeping debates in the debate forum, especially anything related even remotely with recent heated politics. But this deserved to be seen, suited this forum well, and could have been created and titled by a non-partisan observer of events. Well done.

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                    Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.