Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Two small Neocolor II paintings

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SnapV

I truly adore my Neocolor II crayons. No matter what other art material I try, I always come back to them [FONT=&quot]😊[/FONT]

Here are 2 new little paintings made with them with both wet and dry applications in both paintings. The butterfly was done on a 4×6 wood panel and I also used some Lyra Polycolor colored pencils to scratch in some lines. The lizard was done on a 5×7 Fabriano Artistico hot pressed WC sheet and I also used Staedler Pigment liner and Pitt oil based black pencil for the lines.

Let me know what you think!

Edit: Forgot to specify, the reference photos are both from Pixabay.

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

CaliAnn

Beautiful painting Virginie – bold and vibrant. I especially love that lizard

You always do such amazing and intriguing works, Virginie, and these two are no exception! The Neocolors are quite fun.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Merriweather

I love your little paintings, the lizard is just gorgeous… so of course, I had to look up what you used…

Now I know what Neocolours are… gorgeous

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

SnapV

Thank you very much CaliAnn, Kay and Merriweather :)

Virginie

HarvestMoon

Virginie, I love these too! Ditto on the lizard. I have these crayons, and love playing with them, but to get them the way I want to use them I have to keep them very sharp. And I cringe at sharpening away so many $. I know a lot of people really make paint out of them and brush them onto paper. How do you use them?

Harvest Moon 🐐

SnapV

Thank you Harvest Moon! Actually I also usually like them sharp for most details but they can be blunt for bigger areas.

For the shavings, I bought a little palette with interchangeable magnetic half-pans that I fill and use this to do backgrounds or very large areas. I collect the shavings in little pill pots (I unfortunately take a lot of pills every day so I collected many of these during the years) until I’m ready to put them in the palette :)

Virginie

HarvestMoon

Thank you!
                                I have been trying to save the shavings in a palette too, but the palette is huge so it does not make it very portable! I do have lots of pill bottles but they are not clear……

Harvest Moon 🐐

laika

Looks like one is considering snacking on the other! Such a good job with all those greens. I like them both!

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                                    - Otto Rank

Swaggertoes

Thank you!
                                        I have been trying to save the shavings in a palette too, but the palette is huge so it does not make it very portable! I do have lots of pill bottles but they are not clear……

I actually took bits of mine and nuked them a bit in watercolor half pans to use with a brush. Lol

Worked like a charm!

Virginie – I love those Neocolors II also, but you make a far better job with them than I have ever done! Both are lovely and I particularly like the lizard! Well done!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

SnapV

Thank you Lamar and Viv :)

Virginie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.