Home Forums Explore Media Glass Art collaging paper to glass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tuta

Hi – I am trying to marouflage, collage..or whatever you want to call it…paper to glass as part of a verre eglomise project. So, I want to adhere the paper to the reverse side of the glass, to be seen through the front. Does that make sense?

Anyway – I am having difficulty finding something that collages neatly, clearly and is compatible with anything else I might do on the glass (although the paper will be sealed with japan paints once dry.

I’ve tried clear shellac but it leaves slight bubbles.

Thanks so much – Tuta

gingery

Hi Tuta,
            Have you tried just plain old Mod Podge, or a equal mixture of white glue & water? I’ve been able to do that with success, but it wasn’t with imagery.
            Happy creating,
            ginger

crowkar

Hi…I do collage on glass…and yup…Leslie is right….use a very weak mixture of white glue and water…..I just found an unfinished piece that has been tucked away for 8 years….still secure and no yellowing!!!! Now…I had better finish that one of these centuries…..:lol: Good luck! Post pics

Karen :wave:
                The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
                My Web

tuta

Thanks, you guys! I did try Mod-Podge but the adhesion wasn’t uniform. BUT – I didn’t dilute with water so will try it again. And white glue and water, too..will try that.

The shellac does work after all! My impatience gets the better of me…when I checked it this morning it was collaged perfectly – no bubbles or blank spots. I will still try the mod-podge and glue again – can’t hurt to have other methods available.

somnamblst

Try WeldBond glue that mosaic artists use. I get it at my local hardware store. Starts white, dries clear. My butterfly wings are two layers of broken tempered glass with theater lights gel in between held in place with WeldBond, and seed bead “grout”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • The topic ‘collaging paper to glass’ is closed to new replies.