WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Watercolor Gallery
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Reply  
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:44 AM
patrikeev patrikeev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
 
Hails from Russian Federation
Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

White night. The sun, not having had time to go beyond the horizon, rises again and paints the arches have not yet reduced the Palace bridge in crimson-gold tones



Paper - "Goznak" , 200 g/m2
Size - A4 (297x210mm)
Paint - "White Nights"
Reply With Quote
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 05:13 AM
Yorky's Avatar
Yorky Yorky is online now
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 96,211
 
Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

An interesting view.

Doug
Reply With Quote
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 05:45 AM
vegaskip's Avatar
vegaskip vegaskip is online now
A WC! Legend
Auchtermuchty Fife Scotland
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,184
 
Hails from Scotland
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Nice painting, but I think in this case the birds spoil it. They look as though they are in the gap, in which case they would be huge.
When I was there I was impressed by the lamp standards on the bridge ( donít know if itís this bridge) so I took a pic. Worth a painting of its own.
Fantastic City, wonderful people.
Jim
Name:  42B190B3-587D-4B62-9C33-BB0899F63FEB.jpeg
Views: 103
Size:  83.0 KB
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 06:56 AM
patrikeev patrikeev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
 
Hails from Russian Federation
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
An interesting view.

Doug

Thank you, Doug!
Reply With Quote
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 06:59 AM
patrikeev patrikeev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
 
Hails from Russian Federation
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaskip
Nice painting, but I think in this case the birds spoil it. They look as though they are in the gap, in which case they would be huge.
When I was there I was impressed by the lamp standards on the bridge ( donít know if itís this bridge) so I took a pic. Worth a painting of its own.
Fantastic City, wonderful people.
Jim
Attachment 866740

Thank you, Jim! St. Petersburg is a very beautiful city.
I drew the Skua bird. They fly into the city from the Gulf of Finland. They are very large, much more gulls. I added more tone to show the birds in the foreground, probably not very well.
You took a photo of the Trinity bridge lanterns.
Trinity bridge near the Palace bridge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinit...int_Petersburg

Last edited by patrikeev : 06-25-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 07:34 AM
vegaskip's Avatar
vegaskip vegaskip is online now
A WC! Legend
Auchtermuchty Fife Scotland
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,184
 
Hails from Scotland
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Thanks for the information. We were there 2016 as part of the Dervish75 celebrations. A few days in Arkhangelsk and Severodvinsk with wreath laying and receptions. The on to SPB for more of the same. I took the photo on the way back by bus from Kronstadt. We went by Naval Auxiliary, and visited the Mariners Cathedral, a truly amazing place. Both my wife and I have many happy memories and a few tears as well as friends from our visit.
Jim
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 08:36 AM
patrikeev patrikeev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
 
Hails from Russian Federation
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaskip
Thanks for the information. We were there 2016 as part of the Dervish75 celebrations. A few days in Arkhangelsk and Severodvinsk with wreath laying and receptions. The on to SPB for more of the same. I took the photo on the way back by bus from Kronstadt. We went by Naval Auxiliary, and visited the Mariners Cathedral, a truly amazing place. Both my wife and I have many happy memories and a few tears as well as friends from our visit.
Jim
Operation "Dervish"... the first Arctic convoy... August 1941...
Reply With Quote
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 09:34 AM
vegaskip's Avatar
vegaskip vegaskip is online now
A WC! Legend
Auchtermuchty Fife Scotland
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,184
 
Hails from Scotland
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Thatís the one. Quite big in Russia, hardly mentioned in UK. This is a Photograph of our group at the Piskaryovskoye Memorial Cemetery. The stillness and serenity of the place will stay with me always. Thatís me in the wheelchair second left. I canít walk very far so I was plonked into a wheel chair, we had Cadets in SPB to assist us and Students in Arkhangelsk. Every one a credit to their family and country. I know now what itís like to be a VIP.
Jim
Name:  B3CEB41D-5DE7-4B98-B726-C98BC941774E.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  118.5 KB
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 09:47 AM
patrikeev patrikeev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
 
Hails from Russian Federation
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaskip
Thatís the one. Quite big in Russia, hardly mentioned in UK. This is a Photograph of our group at the Piskaryovskoye Memorial Cemetery. The stillness and serenity of the place will stay with me always. Thatís me in the wheelchair second left. I canít walk very far so I was plonked into a wheel chair, we had Cadets in SPB to assist us and Students in Arkhangelsk. Every one a credit to their family and country. I know now what itís like to be a VIP.
Jim
Attachment 866741

Many thanks to the veterans for helping Russia in difficult times
Reply With Quote
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 09:55 AM
vegaskip's Avatar
vegaskip vegaskip is online now
A WC! Legend
Auchtermuchty Fife Scotland
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,184
 
Hails from Scotland
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikeev
Many thanks to the veterans for helping Russia in difficult times

Itís only at locations like that, that you realise just how Ď difficult times' they were.
Iíll leave it at that and give you back your post , but thanks to your people for their welcome.
Jim
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 11:10 AM
ErnstG's Avatar
ErnstG ErnstG is offline
A WC! Legend
Germany / Bavarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17,652
 
Hails from Germany
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Beautiful scene!

Ernst
__________________

Meine Seiten - My website
Malen ist nicht alles im Leben - aber ohne Malen ist alles nichts!
Painting is not everything in life - but without painting everything is nothing!
Reply With Quote
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:09 PM
patrikeev patrikeev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 337
 
Hails from Russian Federation
Re: Saint-Petersburg. White night. Palace bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnstG
Beautiful scene!

Ernst

Thank you, Ernst!
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.


© 2014 F+W All rights reserved.