WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Hardcore Gamers here?

Attached is a screenshot of a game I was hooked on: Spider Solitaire. I decided to screenshot my stats before calling it quits. Yes, that's 1,000 games....94,000+ moves......5+ DAYS

Do YOU play a lot of some game? My new vice is Backgammon. I'm on level 3 of 5, it's too easy.

My Instagram -> kristynagel72
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 02:50 AM
A Local Legend
Pretoria

Hails from South Africa
Re: Hardcore Gamers here?

The last time I was much into gaming was in the late 1990s, when I went through a Doom craze. :-)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 04:21 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

You seem to have fond memories, and that you were crazed about it suggests you've got it in you to get hooked on gaming again.

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 04:23 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

For those who might be wondering, no that wasn't 1,000 games over a 5 consecutive day period. That would be extremely depressing. It's over months of gaming, and pretty much playing 3-4 games just before I'd go to sleep each day.

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 06:35 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from England

I played Doom with my son and couldn't get through many levels. He was laughing at me and telling me I wasn't much good. When he was away at camp I practised and practised and when he came home he was surprised when I went through every level with ease.

I played a computer game 'Sanitarium' which I found quite interesting.

I then played a lot of a game 'desert strike' with my son and was pretty good at that. Later on Xbox played 'Indiana Jones', that was a good game.
I had a playstation but never really played anything on it and used it to watch DVD's. Since then I haven't played a game at all.

I get hooked on things very easily indeed and need to be careful.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

hi, of windows games I remember that sometimes I played pinball, (but also spider or a lady, sometimes for a few months I tried chess instead through a program, a site that played with other people but was for a short period
for it was a nice way to practice I also had a videogame in a cd but that was more beautiful, I just went to blackdammon a year later found a similar program after I had read articles about it, some explanation but I didn't get very good, not even in chess actually, the one I played a lot with are actually pc games of the genre of graphic adventures) I used to say pinball, as a kid I used to play the present pinball (plastic, balls and sounds) in games but I played there (from 5 years old) about a decade) especially for video games at football games, those in 2d as long as present that I preferred them, alternatively or later I played tennis or arcade, platform (games like supermario, sonic) or scrolling fighting games, games with the guy who walked and beat other men ... ... elegant games then ..

but my passion (/ drugs) were the games of the kind mentioned by Ianuk, games mostly for PC (but at least some if not all the most famous ones were transposed even in the console like playstation, even the new creeds, especially the new ones because at the beginning, in the 90s, the beginning of 2000 were games designed above all for the mouse but the last ones have classic controls, from gamepads or remember the old lasergames, those where you had to press the button indicated on the screen, at the same time they have decreased a little bit the puzzles present in the games, the graphic adventures narrate a story where you explore scenarios combining objects, solving puzzles,) I talk about games like
sanitarium and all those of Lucasart, like MOnkey istland, full trottle etc (games that were very popular in the 90s, which still continued to be there, the games that for some years have been called, interactive films, interactive films, new graphic adventures in fact are like a movie with crossroads that make the plot continue)
maybe I still play these games, for some time I left games but I always return to this kind of pc games, especially 3 years ago and 2 years ago I played some new or quite recent ones or especially those 90s classics that some have been restored from 2010 onwards but also among the new that the nice thing about these were the titles, that is they are all transposed comics or famous films.
the game is beautiful (entitled the wolf among us) which is an adaptation of Fables, an absurd comic that answered the question, the characters of fairy tales after the end that they did, and if they were today, in our age in our city, specifically New York ... the game was like a story or several stories of comics with wonderful graphics
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 12:42 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

na

i'm holding out for quality, peaceful, utopian virtual reality for when i'm ancient and infirm.

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
na

i'm holding out for quality, peaceful, utopian virtual reality for when i'm ancient and infirm.

la

what you say is very beautiful and wise.

I would say not to think about it except in so many many years,
perhaps with one exception, see San Jupitero.
I write this because
you reminded me of one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen, I don't know if you already know it, in case you recommend it
San Junipero, in reality it was not a film but an episode of Black mirror, for me the most beautiful and exciting, a masterpiece that is haunting and even reflected.

sorry for the intrusion

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2019, 09:24 PM
A Local Legend
Pretoria

Hails from South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
You seem to have fond memories, and that you were crazed about it suggests you've got it in you to get hooked on gaming again.

If I could get hold of the old 1990s version of Doom I may well get hooked on it again. But from what I have seen of modern video games, they don't interest me much.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2019, 12:18 AM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada

I am badly addicted to SimCity BuildIt. Before that it was Plants vs. Zombies. Before that it was Civilization 4, succeeding Civilization 3.

I really have to get off the SimCity game. It is totally unlike the original SimCity game. It's a total time waster. The Civilization series was much more interesting.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2019, 12:18 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
na

la
Take a look at the game Eastshade. It's about an artist. I've not played it, yet, but I'm going to. Absolutely gorgeous game/adventure.

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2019, 02:26 AM
A Local Legend
Pretoria

Hails from South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
na

la

You should look into lucid dreaming. :-)
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2019, 04:12 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United Kingdom

Dragon Age

I like story and character driven CRPGs, where choices have consequences, etc. The three Dragon Age games by Bioware are my first love and between them I've racked up about 2,000 hours of hedonistic time wasting.

Spiders games (Technomancer, Mars War Logs, Bound by Flame, et al) are really good for story, choices and roleplay and they are a favourite developer of mine. They're releasing a new IP next month called Greedfall AND I CAN'T WAIT!

I also occasionally love to put on Doom or Duke Nukem or Wipeout2097 and enjoy the heady 90's nostalgia.

I don't allow games on my phone, though. I would never, ever get anything done.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2019, 01:15 PM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvds
You should look into lucid dreaming. :-)

yeah, that's hard to control and tends to mix up reality so i try not to go there too often. cool beans tho.

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2019, 09:26 AM
Atlanta, Georgia

Hails from United States

This brings back memories! Yes, Doom and Duke Nukem on a PC back in the 90s. Later I got hooked on The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, etc.) on an Xbox. I was dangerously addicted to that one for a few years, sometimes playing all night long and then calling into work sick so I could keep playing.