Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Marina at Monterey CA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

17” x 21”, oils on panel
    From photo I took while in Monterey California.

ntl

You have an incredible touch. I love the light you achieved in this.

Ntl, thank you for noticing and commenting. The pic was taken very late afternoon, approaching the west coast golden hour. I would so much like to go there and paint.

Bizzibee

Boogie, I saw this the other day, and didn’t get round to commenting. It is beautiful. I love the light on the water and the boats. Why don’t you xpost to landscapes?

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Bizzibee, Thanks for commenting :wave:

123harry

Another nice marine study.

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

Harry, thanks for your comment. I’ve been working on this one on and off in between others. I think I’ll make some more changes, got some scaling problems with distant objects. Overall I’m not satisfied with the brushwork and feeling of planular surfaces.

ronsu18

the devil’s in the details, the upper left is really special, the values create constant motion in the water catching the eye repeatedly and the pink framed darkness connects back to the pier and on. and on. there’s energy like the boats are longing for the sea.

C&C welcome

ronsul18, thanks for your close observations and encouragement :wave:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.