WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Welcome Forum!
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 07:51 PM

Hails from United States
Hello!

I am a new user. I found this site after my mum and I started searching. I tend to be more interested in the anime style of drawing. I hope that doesn’t make me cliched or makes any of you dislike me. I have been drawing for a few years and have improved to the point of being featured in a local art gallery!

I would love to have more information on this site, such as how to post photos, and the like. Thank you for reading, and I hope I can become a part of this community. I am also looking forward to seeing artwork here, as I love art, music, and lots of other things! Once I figure out how to post art, I will post a Meet the Artist I created specially for here.

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 08:36 PM

Hails from United States
Hello 2

Thought I’d share some about myself in the last post. I wanted to post in the Welcome once last time before I start becoming active here.

I want to be able to meet lots of artists. My mother says getting tips and communing with older artists should help me grow as one. Any tips at all are welcome. I don’t like be critiqued, never have, but I know it will help me. I know that if having something I love criticized and I quit it, it means I never loved it in the first place. I want to build a career around my passion, and today’s world is harsh and competitive: I have to be able to handle that!

I hope I make some friends and mentors here.

Last edited by GemHeart : 07-20-2019 at 08:44 PM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: Hello!

Hi, it's nice to meet you.

Your Mom is right, it's always a bit rough to get used to being critiqued at first but remember critiques are different than criticism.

To get advice or critiques, simply post in whatever forum is the best suited for your work and ask for C&C (comments and critiques), ask for a gentle C&C at first until you get used to them. Members will be glad to help out. And if you have any advice or comments to give anyone else, please jump right in!

Enjoy the forums and be sure to check out the Member FAQ’s for help navigating the forums, posting, inserting images and more. Let us know if you need any help.

Welcome to WetCanvas!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 09:40 PM

Hails from United States

Thank you for helping me!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 09:51 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

I forgot to tell you that the Fantasy/SciFi forum has a monthly challenge that's for artist of all skill levels, I think you might like it. It's always pinned at the top of the forum every month.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2019, 10:36 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

Hello!
You will discover WC is a great resource of information and a place to meet and communicate with fellow artists.
Should you have any questions about the site features feel free to return here at any time and someone will assist you.
FYI:
* You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
* Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
* There are “Stickys’' (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
* You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest - simply enter WetCanvas in the blank for domain name.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-21-2019, 12:25 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

Welcome to WC Welcome Forum!

This is the Place to introduce yourself and for us to pass on to you some tips.

There are lots of fine folks here, you can meet many of them as you browse about while exploring the full list of the forums. We are looking forward to seeing your art, and getting to know you!

There are all levels of artists, from many lands, working in virtually all mediums. Newcomers to Art are especially welcome.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions you have.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.
Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

PS: Whatever you have typed in those lime green letters in your signature line is totally unreadable. I suggest you choose a darker color, or just use black. Just a suggestion!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-22-2019, 06:49 AM
Over your shoulder

Hails from United States

Welcome. I agree with your mom - getting more than one point of view can be really helpful. And there are techniques of application that you may not be expert using or possibly never heard of which more experienced artists can share.

Critiques are never particularly fun - I don't know of anyone who enjoys having their work analyzed, but it will give you more to think about when you are creating your next work. I would say the biggest thing you can do is build patience both with yourself and your medium and with your development.

Mostly enjoy the journey!