WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #582: Apr 2 - 10

Thanks Ai

Jo -nice sketches but I really think you should practice pastels more.😎

Number9, take care. Follow nurses orders. They are usually better at what to do than the doctors 😂

Last edited by jmfletch : 04-10-2019 at 09:15 AM.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Hunt 583 has been posted. Happy Sketching!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Scatty - Thank you. Oooh such lovely colours on those art supply (?) drawers. I see you have a studio mascot in the photo too With "up" ears : ) A jaw bone - cool!! Ah those plum blossoms are wonderful

Ai - good luck with the downsizing

Joe - good job on the stainless travel coffee mug

Jo - what were you guys needing at the hardware store? And what do they sell at Schlotsky's?

number9 - sorry to hear you are unwell. Hope it gets all sorted soon.
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2019, 10:31 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Jo: Thanks for hosting this Hunt

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

number9 — I'm so sorry that you're in hospital. Hang in there, and be well Let us know how you're doing

Ai — Your art supplies and poem make me happy! I can't help but collect art supplies too. And a lot of my art space is taken up by stuff from the stores you mentioned. I love stores like Lowes and Ace, etc., also! I've found amazing stuff there for art. My most recent find was at Home Depot a few days ago. They had a rough textured tread that I'm cutting up into pieces. I'm planning to use it to texture acrylic mediums as well as polymer clay. Apparently "normal" people glue it to their stairs or something. But I see everything in the hardware stores through "art eyes" Here's a pic:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Safet...68NA/100391699

Jo — Well... at least the paper was put to good use again Another evocative image. I agree with Ai and Joe about your beautiful 3D pots. And the mystery of the scene beyond is compelling. As for "straight" lines - in my opinion, they are "required" only if you want them to be. Lovely sketches also from out on the town. So many surfaces and textures, beautifully differentiated. ~~~~~ Thanks for hosting a fun event!

Scatty — Amazing drawers - they made me curious as well I love both your sketch and photo - look at those ears in front 🐾 And your painting of tree blossoms is wonderfully delicate! I love that you chose trees over a ring. Think what our planet would be like if we all planted trees as part of our marriages.

Joe — Terrific coffee mug - your signature deep contrast and lovely sheen. Fantastic dissipation in the shadow as well. P.S., Yup, I finally remembered the DVD It was an episode of Stargate called "Window of Opportunity" where there was a device with blocks that they pushed in different sequences to try to achieve a result. I found a pic online of a corner of the device. But it's only a portion, and at an odd angle. but somehow your grid apparently reminded me of the device in the show. Anyway here's a link...
https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/di...isplay_me dia
---> Pieces..... (both freehand, Procreate app)
"Be generous with your joy. Give away what you most want. Be generous with your insights and delights." (Pema Chödrön)

Last edited by Pine Cone : 04-10-2019 at 11:56 AM.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Lord of the Arts
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Pine Cone -I see the grid, but it bows my mind the way you ‘visually’ associate. You look at something in someone’s art and it visually triggers you to an artist with similar style or composition or something you have seen. My mind only seems to do that if I work at it.

Joe
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Joe - I think I have too much time on my hands Now where did I put my keys???
---> Pieces..... (both freehand, Procreate app)
"Be generous with your joy. Give away what you most want. Be generous with your insights and delights." (Pema Chödrön)

Last edited by Pine Cone : 04-10-2019 at 06:50 PM.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2019, 09:43 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

number9?, wow, hope you feel better and get that straightened out. We are thinking of you and waiting for your return.

Thanks, Ai. We spend lots of time at Lowe's, Gene is always doing something. I think we were there for a latch for the storm door out of the laundry room.

Joe, I do need practice with pastels or at least painting quickly outside. Fingers crossed for the paint out coming up.

EP, Schlotsky's is a sub/sandwich shop that opened in Austin about 30 years ago. They bake their own bread, the signature sub has ham, swiss, onions and black olives as I recall. They have branched out around the country and have added soups, pizza, sweet rolls and salads. It is yummy and super fresh.

Pine Cone, you make my art into more than it is. Thanks for sharing! I'm smiling.

This Hunt had Robin's list, Thanks for joining in, see all y'all next Hunt.
Winston Churchill