WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > Partner: Blick Art Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States
Pro Arte brushes

As a long time happy Blick customer, I always prefer to order my art supplies from you and almost always find what I am looking for on your website.

However, several years ago I had purchased a couple of Pro Arte (England) brushes at the Jerry's website and now wish to purchase a few more.

Pro Arte makes a wide range of excellent brushes.

The ones I have been using and really like are their synthetic Pro Arte Prolene Plus round brushes.

I now want to try their sable/synthetic mix brushes - Connoisseur round brushes.

Again... I can only find them at Jerry's and ASW Express......

Please ?????? They are terrific brushes !!!!
Time to play......
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Re: Pro Arte brushes

Hi sashntash,
Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to our buyers for review. If you can only find them at Jerry's and ASW, however, it is possible that they are a house brand of of the company which owns both stores.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

I had also thought that it might be a house brand, but it appears not.

Pro Arte is an English brush manufacturer.

Here is their website

http://www.proarte.co.uk/brushtypes.html

As I said, I have used the Prolene Plus rounds. They are a synthetic and are wonderful brushes.

Now I'd like to try the Connoissuer rounds - they are a synthetic/sable mix.

Pro Arte brushes are sold all over England and perhaps all over Europe, but I have not seen them at any of the U.S. online retailers except Jerrys/ASW which I realize are the same company. Perhaps Jerrys/ASW has a U.S. exclusive?

Thanks for checking into it.... they really are great brushes....

Similar to the Da Vinci Cosmotop Spin brushes that I have purchased from you and which I also love !!
Time to play......
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

more info...

I have been emailing with Pro Arte brushes. They are an English brush manufacturer and that's all they do.. make brushes...

They sell primarily in the U.K., but are looking to expand at some point in the U.S.

I told them that dickblick.com is my favorite online U.S. retailer and suggested that it would be a good idea if they could get you to stock their brushes.

They really are good brushes.

I also have and use DaVinci Cosmotop Spin, Raphael Series 8404 sables, Escoda synthetics and Series 1212 sables..... and I find that the Pro Arte brushes are of equal quality to the synthetics and synthetic/sable mixes of those brands. I have not tried the Pro Arte pure sable brushes, so have no basis for comparison...

Apparently, the only place one can buy them in the U.S. is Jerry's/ASW but they don't have an exclusive, they just choose to stock them...
Time to play......
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM

Thank you for following up on the brushes and passing on the info. I will be sure to let our buyers know what you have discovered.