Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Outback Australia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Aussiesrus

Semi Abstract Impressions of Central Australia, using a combination of palette knife & brush.

‘Outback Sienna” – 24” x 48” – Oil on Canvas

”Timeless Landscape” – 18” x 36” – Oil on Canvas

”Desert Mist” – 15” x 45” – Oil on Canvas

”Three Trees” – 16” x 20” – Oil on Canvas

C & C’s – Always Welcome – Thanks for Looking

Michael.

michaelcartwrightart.com.au
        https://bluethumb.com.au/michael-cartwright
        I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DRUNK I AM

Reddyman

Michael

Beautiful work my friend and as always such soft harmonious application with gentle sweeping presence. Your subdued palette is always just wonderful with such smooth colour transitions and depth of scale.
            Love the panoramic sizes as well…. thanks for sharing as always a treat to view.
            John

CaliAnn

I always look forward to your posts, as I know I will be in for a treat. These are exceptional – I just adore your style of painting, the soft, dreamlike quality speaks straight to my heart – these are exceptional. I don’t have a favorite, as they are all special – outstanding paintings :)

I enjoy your pictures of the Outback with their soft, harmonious colors. I mentioned before that they remind me of a flowing piece of music.

Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Bizzibee

Michael, they are all gorgeous. I especially love the first two. The size of the first must contribute to it looking stunning, with its beautiful sky, distant mountains and flowing foreground. Ditto for two, and I love those soft pinks and blues. They all have such a lovely sense of rhythm, flow and harmony which reflect, imho, your skill!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Skyenorth

‘Timeless Landscape’ is so beautiful and strikes a cord with me personally. I really love the texture of the rugged landscape and the dream light.

[URL=http://www.simmillarts.co.uk
                        http://simmill-arts.blogspot.com/
                        Success is never found. Failure never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
                        Winston Churchill.

sevan

These deserve multiple views. There is a balance of subtle and delicate vs harsh and desolate. Powerful feeling.

All of these take my breath away! Most excellent.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Dcam
                                Aussiesrus

Many Thanks – John, Cali, Gary, Biz, Caroline, sevan, Kay, Derek,

This technique began a while ago when I started to paint over old paintings that just never seemed to work out.
                                    I decided to use very thick paint & a 3 inch wide palette knife to completely cover the previous painting underneath. I had no idea that, over time, this would develop into a new technique in its own right.

Thanks again as all your positive comments encourage me to paint more in this style & hopefully develop it further. Appreciated !

Michael.

Arnie

These sweeping scenes are quite special Michael. Timeless is my favourite, but there all beautiful.
                                        Arnie

Aussiesrus

Many Thanks Arnie – Appreciated !

Michael.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.