Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DavidAC2014

Some of the most recent melted Crayola crayon art I’ve made. I will continue to add new pieces in here as I make them.

Cyndi L

WOW!! So, are you using an iron, doing them like encaustics? Or do you have a completely different process? Your rendering of glass in the second piece is really impressive!

DavidAC2014

Thanks. It’s my first rendering of a glass in any medium.

I use a portable electric radiator set at maximum heat, with a canvas sheet placed on top the grill. I place it on the area I want to paint for a couple of minutes, and the crayon strokes will melt as I move the stick along. I use cotton buds (and small pieces of paper towels for larger areas) to blend. Downside with melting the crayon is that you can’t layer. It’s also not suitable for works that require smaller details.

David, these are so colorful and fun. Each one has its own vivid contrasts.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

lisilk

Yes, love the vibrant colors!

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
                    Cyndi L

I can see how not being able to layer could be a challenge, but these are so immediate and fresh and…mesmerizing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.