Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Wiping off paint created this

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sunflower18

I think I kinda like the way it came out.I had painted wet on wet with dark blue and decided to remove the paint on some of the flower.Is there a technique or tutorial for this.

Wiping off is often done at the underpainting stage – paint over the canvas and, while wet, draw in your composition by wiping off ……. creates some nice effects as you’ve discovered! ……… now you can try it at various stages and with various colours and do as you’ve just done, experiment!:)

Welcome to the wonderful world of painting – and to this forum!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

talisman

Welcome!
            Lots to see and great folks to help and encourage on here.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

Welcome to the Forum!

I agree with Maureen. Wiping away the light value areas of an underpainting can give a real structure to the composition with just a few swipes.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

Old_hobbyest

rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) rubbed very lightly in nearly dried paint can produce some very interesting effects as well. Just make certain all the alcohol has evaporated before you paint over.

fedetony

you could glaze over some very bright yellows and reds and get a nice image with bright colors and interesting background pattern :)

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Sunflower18

Thank you so much for the tips.
                        Now I know its under painting.It was a mistake that turned into another way to paint.Love it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.