WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#256   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2018, 10:23 AM
A WC! Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... May 2018

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Carey that is a terrific tutorial, I may just keep it myself for future reference.

Wish I could comment further, but I have to get reday for my hike. Later, everyone!
  #257   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2018, 04:17 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...enjoy the hike...

someone was mentioning to me yesterday there is a nearby replica of stonehenge..

http://www.maryhillmuseum.org/visit/stonehenge-memorial

when I looked it up and saw it was of concrete, made me think of this...

http://www.garden-of-eden-lucas-kansas.com

although I knew of it, have never visited...must have been a fad for concrete sculptures at that time maybe
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #258   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2018, 04:52 PM
A WC! Legend

The hike was grand (and a little hot towards the end). I am always amazed at the abundance of flora and fauna in the park. made me really want to run homr and paint, but I have other things on the agenda today.

There is a concrete sculpture park in the next town over from here too, but it came about in the 1940s.
http://www.desertchristpark.org

The Garden of Eden place looks kinda cool.
  #259   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:17 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia, that park looks to be cast sculptures, I think garden of eden was hand moulded...and I do think too, the creator is buried on the site...it is a different place...

glad the hike was inspiring...

fighting with mgmt here over extreme electric charges...never a good thing...and really you can't win...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #260   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:54 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilyacts!

I don't know if any of you remember the carving on the rocks pic I posted from a hike I took a few weeks ago, but I sketched it in last night. Hopefully I will get it done in time to enter it, along with another one or two, in the Joshua Tree National Park show.

It is a painting day today! Yippee!
  #261   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:43 PM
A WC! Legend

I didn't get around to the rocks today, I did some corrections on the nocturne instead.

I also let the client know the Red VW was finished, and sent a pic. He loves it!
  #262   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2018, 06:24 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Yay for a happy client...

and I do remember the rocks....will make a great painting..
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #263   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:21 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Becca, that is a really charming and artistic place!

The last day of May is here, and I managed to get my painting into the gallery without hanging it sideways...I'm glad, because I still didn't have a hook for the narrow side.

Marcia, I'm so glad your client loves the painting! You do such good work that it's really nice to hear him say so, isn't it?

#264   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2018, 01:42 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy, glad you enjoyed your stroll through the garden of eden...and that you were able to fit your painting in...kinda sorry it didn't get the sideways try though..
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #265   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2018, 01:42 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

There is a June Oily in the main forum!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #266   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Enthusiast
Oregon

Hails from United States

I've been busy traveling and not much time to paint. I got a few watercolors done while I was in Vegas. Foundmy hockey team. Golden Knights. Neice got married in Vegas, Daughter will have her graduation there next weekend but its the same day as Granddaughters graduation in Grans Pass. Mil's not doing well-Had stroke 2 weeks ago and is in rehab. Less than a week home and got to go again. Unpack so I can pack. When we get home from the graduation same thing unpack and pack for DH"s class reunion. Then company and after that family reunion. I need my son's fifth wheel with the toy hauler so I can use it for a traveling art studio.
I'm worried about MIL she's 99.