WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Lubbock, TX

Hails from United States
Hobby Lobby out of Artist grade Acrylics

Missed the thread a while ago that Hobby Lobby was clearance on Liquitex heavy body acrylic paint. Was very disappointed when I went in and they only had a bare sprinkling of Liquitex basics and grumbacher academy and about the same again as their own brand. Zero cadmium based paints or even any single pigment alternatives in the medium yellow I was looking for. Not much point for me to go in for anything art related anymore that I can tell.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:00 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Colorado

Hails from United States
Re: Hobby Lobby out of Artist grade Acrylics

I order my Liquitex through Michaels when it's on sale (like 40% off everything online) and pick it up in the store. Do you have one nearby?

Jan
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 06:34 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

I posted last night but my connection went down
I wondered if that was your only local source of supplies?
I find on-line ordering to art suppliers to be better than my local Hobbycraft store.
The WetCanvas Partner and sponsor is Dick Blick's company.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Lubbock, TX

Hails from United States

There is a Michaelís and Iíve bought some there though the selection is minimal. I guess Iím lucky I still have that option. I have ordered most of my art stuff from Dick Blick and been happy with it. Just stinks that Iíve lost a local option, especially with it being a Christian owned business*.

*which I like.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2019, 07:04 PM

Have you tried DickBlick.com? I used to clip coupons and run around to local hobby shops to buy supplies on sale...and hopefully they were on sale and in stock when I need them. Most often they were not.

Dick Blick has everyday low prices with additional promotions such as free shipping on most orders. You have a larger variety of items that are always in stock AND the best part, I don't have to clip coupons, pray for sales or run around to various stores because they deliver your purchased items right to your front door. I have used DickBlick.com since 2009 and I Love it! You should try it. You'll probably be as pleasantly surprised as I was to discover them.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
western New York

Hails from United States

Yes Hobby Lobby is selling out the more well-known and higher quality items, and replacing with the lower quality, craft grade.

Luckily, I did end up with about 35 tubes of the Liquitex Acrylics.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

I also love Blick. I had several large canvases and boards shipped to me and I also went to Blick to "just look."

Once I arrived home my big box of supports had arrived. I think I had ordered them Saturday. I had a "smallish" bag from the brick and mortar store. I've also started another list of what I need next. Buying online from Blick is usually less expensive because I don't grab all those "impulse buys" and I don't have to worry about how heavy something is. Buying in the store allows me the opportunity to chat with other aspiring artists about some items. Sometimes the students will give me tips on what to use instead of an item is see at Blick.

I'm always impressed to see what's coming next. I noticed metallic watercolor- I'd just kill another microwave. They have loads of good storage and organizer things but most of these simply don't work as well as the microwave!

Always check out the Clearance!

Sheila

-Helen Keller

Last edited by Charlie's Mum : 08-22-2019 at 06:22 AM. Reason: reference to earlier, removed posts