WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast
Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Hails from United States
Re: Weeders' Chat Room: pop in and share your news here ;)

Spring is bursting out in Pennsylvania. Today is the best day EVER! Those farther north, be assured, spring is on the way!

In a world where you can be anything... be kind.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2019, 08:00 AM
A WC! Legend
FLORIDA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
Remember when we'd have up to about 70 or 80 people painting?....... yes, many fewer these days

Before I left there were so many - any idea what happened? Is this the end?
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2019, 08:41 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

I think addiction to Facebook happened

We've been ticking along on a dozen or so entries for a couple of years.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2019, 12:29 PM
A WC! Legend
FLORIDA

Hails from United States

Facebook....hate it. Now Instagram, there’s an addiction. 🤪
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2019, 12:50 PM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

I agree about Facebook, both that it caused the decline in participation and that I hate it. It's way to politica and hate filledl now. I go occasionally but not nearly as much. I've moved to Instagram but that's just posting art. Maybe there will be a gradual move back here.

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2019, 12:13 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I participated in a Plein Air event in Tahlequah, OK over the weekend and an artist from Arkansas used to love WetCanvas, until some rude people in the forum he frequented caused him to leave. I also think Facebook is the problem with the decline in participation. It's sad.

When I was a regular, I had to drop off because I didn't have time to comment on all the art. There was sooooo much art.

I did see Cyd Rust post on Facebook that a miracle happened and she turned a corner. I hope it's true. I haven't been on there much at all.
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2019, 01:19 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Unfortunately not all people are polite!

But, when they're reported, or spotted, they're usually dealt with quite smartly!

Good news about Cyd.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 09:30 AM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

Sorry, as soon as I went on Facebook I realized I hate it and now I do not go on Facebook and friends and family are totally annoyed with me about it, but I feel like I do not have time to participate and any one that know me will call me if they want to talk to me. Sorry about me run-on sentence! Working full-time and taking care of house and husband and dog leaves me with little personal time. I would rather paint then be online!
Anyway, I am going for back surgery on Wednesday because I took a bad fall in February and have been getting worse and worse. I am goint to bring some art supplies downstairs today (not sure when I will be able to climb stairs after surgery) so I can join in here.
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 12:45 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Good luck with the surgery Barbara and I hope you're son back on your feet properly and without pain.

My family despair of me too Barbara - I seldom check into F/b because I hate it too!

**My SAA website**
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2019, 04:15 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

hey all!

Glad to hear Cyd is doing better! I hope Dewi gets her eyes working again. that would drive me crazy if i couldn't draw or paint

re: Facebook ... guilty as charged. I agree that is obnoxious to use and there are many obnoxious people on there, but i have discovered that it works well for selling art cards on eBay. making art cards has pulled me from some time spent here. i don't use facebook for much other than that though. there are a lot of art groups there with challenges, so yeah, i imagine a lot of people have moved there from here.

not a lot new here. have a greenhouse shelf full of tomato and pepper plants, waiting for the snow to melt. i shouldn't have to say that on May 5th!
well at least it is technically spring here lol
What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?”
Spike Milligan
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2019, 04:50 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

hope the OP goes well Barbara, good to get some handy supplies near where you are, always try to have something nearby
Mike, you guys are getting weird snow in June (camrose?) and the smoke from the fires, what a strange year, SO dry here , no rain to speak of, but garden is up, the flowers are thriving on my frequent watering
good news about Cyd
I dont do much of FB, but have a bit of following with my art, and have a sketching group that meets there, , also following and participating in Marc Holmes #30x30directwatercolor challenge. (trying to get back into the habit of painting something every da) (also keep track of family and friends from time to time (which is why I joined the silly thing in the first place.

I spent a couple weeks in England end of April, and was lucky to have spent 5 days with our ScattyKat, what a great time, then another 8-9 days in london with friends, I walked and ran over 100K in 2 weeks, all one does in London is walk!, DH was glad to have me home as I had spent 2 weeks in march house sitting with my alpaca friends too. I told him i would be around so much this summer he would get sick of me

keep well peeps

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Adopted city Bangkok,Thailand

Hello everybody

Thank you to all asking about me
After the last operation and waited another three monts for improvement but getting worse my doctor gave prescription for ordering progressive glasses.
It helps when watching television, no more seeing double nor deformed faces and could reat texts too.
But as for reading my eyes are still easily tired still lots of eye drops.

Thanks again enjoy your spring or cold weather and please take good care of your precious eyes.

To do in what you love is freedom and to love in what you do is happiness......writer unknown
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Enthusiast
Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

I'd like to make a suggestion about the decline in participation that has been discussed here. I may be wrong about this, but often there is no way to go directly from the invitation to the forum (although some people have the link in their signature). Believe me, getting to the WDE forum from the Wet Canvas home page where the invitation link appears, or from the invitation itself, is really challenging. It took me a while to figure out because it is not intuitive -- unless I am missing something. If I am right about this, people may be discouraged from the start; I almost was.

This could easily be corrected by always including a link to the forum on the invitation.

Secondly, instead of just regretting the effect of social media, could this forum jump on the bandwagon and use it to advantage?

Thirdly, maybe a "right size" group is appropriate, because as someone said, it takes a long time to comment on a large group. I was here years ago when there were a lot of people participating, and frankly I don't regret the group being smaller now, though of course we would not want further decline.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. I have been concerned about the difficult access for newbies for a while now. I always put the link to the forum on the invitation, and it has resulted in pretty good participation (20 or more art works).

#59   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Enthusiast
Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Best wishes to you, Dewi. My wish and prayer is that you will be restored to excellent vision.

Best wishes to Barbara on recovery.

I'm having a lot of trouble with my knees, along with arthritis throughout the body. I could use some good vibes sent my way! I will soon be moving to a one-story apartment, which will make things easier!

May everyone in our group have health and well-being to keep on paintin'.

Last edited by ConnieT : 06-16-2019 at 10:22 PM.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 11:32 PM
Enthusiast
Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

To my point above: the first post after the newbies page is this: "Well this is the first weekend event for me. I'm going to try it! My question is where will the link to the gallery be. For both the example pics and the finished painting?"