WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-20-2019, 01:49 PM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Re: Weeders chat room pop in and share your news here ;)

Sorry for your bad year, Barbara. I hope the rock painting help you move forward. Sometimes I find that the smaller the work, the better the distraction. It takes so much focus. I love your rocks.

Who all remembers Bert & Thelma from 2008? Well, I found 73 of them! Here is 3 from Dewi's WDE. Does anybody remember how the frogs came into play? They are in a lot of them.

My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-20-2019, 07:36 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

LOL Beth that's great!! 2008 - wow!

I think the frogs were from another reference image posted that tickled our fancy Yay Bert and Thelma!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2019, 11:37 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

They're still so funny Beth!

There was a spate of 'tree frog' refs at one time - probably from that!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2019, 09:40 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Love theses characters, EP had quite a stormy going too, along with your illustrations i think we all felt there should have been a book

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2019, 11:39 AM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

This is my last Wednesday off. I took all Wednesdays this month as vacation days so my husband could have the car to go to bowling after work. We are down to one car and he has been not doing very well since Christmas Eve. So, not sure what the plan will be from here......and it will be more challenging to participate here, except on weekends. Makes me happy to paint and draw here with my friends and use my right brain, as my job at work is all left brained.
Anyway, I appreciate all of you and it is so relaxing and fun to be here!
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2019, 01:18 PM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

Barbara, so sorry you've had a bad year. We had one of those in 2017; 2018 was better but 2019 is not off to such a great start. My spouse has been down with the flu since Friday and we have had record snowfall.... today snow all day, -7 F with wind chill -30F. Thank goodness I live in a good neighborhood and that my son and grandson live in town. I shoveled Saturday and Sunday, by Monday morning my neighbors wondered why Ed wasn't out there shoveling and when they learned he was sick they pitched in with snowblowers. Ours is a monster that I can't start let alone push. I now know where I can borrow one that I can push. However, since schools are closed and our son learned his dad was sick he and my grandson came over to help. He can run the monster and my 9 year old grandson is good with the snow shovel and they are skiers, they know how to dress for the cold.

I'm feeling blessed. Now if Ed would just get better so I don't have to keep running up and down stairs … need to make sure he is getting his liquids.

Last edited by Helen : 01-30-2019 at 01:21 PM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2019, 02:29 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

hey all... and Happy New Year to everyone!

love all the fantabulous (wow spell check accepted this... must be a word) holiday greetings!!!

Barbara... sorry about hubby's health issues. yep ...lots of right brainers here to share troubles with. love the cat rocks. rock painting is something i always wanted to try but never got around to.

Beth... i remember Bert and Thelma. Many years ago (predating my time on wetcanvas) i was in an animation group where a couple of us took a notion to 'beating up' each others' avatar using animations (in fun, of course). it ended up turning into a running saga... like B & T.

Dewi... thanks for the link to the Florals forum. i have never done many florals... not because i don't like them but because i struggle with them. looks like a good place to learn from though. may check it out.

Helen... so nice to have 'snow angels' in the neighborhood. since my wife's operation, our next door neighbors have been looking after us... keeping the walks shoveled, and even driving her around while she couldn't drive. that is what i think is the most frustrating thing for me being in a wheelchair is not being able to help out. hope hubby gets well soon!

We also have had a rough start to the new year. my wife had gall bladder surgery early December and was healing as planned until Christmas day. she didn't feel well so my daughter took her to the hospital and she ended up staying for a few days. turns out she had a post-op infection. she is back home and on the mend again for a few weeks now, hopefully back on track. still has to have antibiotics intravenously. she has to carry around this big machine to pump antibiotics (for lack of the medical term) that she often reminds me she is not too happy about! lol

i have been missing in action here for a little while because i decided i was going to finish this never ending website rebuild by new year's. didn't happen but not through lack of trying. why do i have to do things the hard way? taking a break from it for a little while at least. Barbara is right... it is hard to mix left brain and right brain tasks.

wow.. i wrote a book! feel free to tell me to shut up anytime!
What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?”
Spike Milligan
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2019, 05:37 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

So sorry to hear about all the ill-luck Peeps and hope things improve for you all.

Jan is not a good time for me either - 2 years since Denis died and anniversaries, I've found, are difficult However, making a different life helps a lot ... our little band of neighbours is good here - 3 of us widowed and one going through a divorce - we help each other!

Saw on the news today about the massive cold you're having over there - Chicago with horrendous temps and frozen river - we've been very fortunate so far - heavy frosts and cold (for us) at minus temps, but nothing like you're suffering in norther US. Stay safe!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2019, 06:35 PM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

Sorry my post was probably TMI but hey - we all have our ups & downs in life and it means so much to be able to care and share them - thanks.
Hugs to Maureen and I was thinking of you and several friends here who have lost husbands as well.
Mike, I hope your wife is feeling better. It has been really hard for my husband to see me shoveling too. We have finally admitted living in where we do is getting harder each year for us. I do not know how to do a lot of things he is used to doing (like using the plow truck or the tractor with the mowers behind it).
Helen, Please pace yourself! I think about it all the time now. 'Nuff said.
I am so glad you all have some friends and family nearby at least.
Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest day. Brrrrrrrrrr
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

Love the cat rocks
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2019, 08:08 AM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Hi everybody! Thanks for participating in my WDE. I don't have internet at the sign shop anymore, so I was kinda missing in action.

I've about got all that business stuff done. Big garage sale at the shop this weekend and then hauling the stuff home that I plan to keep. When I actually turn in my key to the landlord, I may have to wiggle my butt and say a few wahoos! I was Signs by Beth for 26.5 years. Now, I am just Beth Parker Art. Weeee.

I wish Duane was here to see this. Almost 18 months and I miss him the most during these milestones. He would be thrilled. I think he thought I would work until I was 80. If I was still having fun, I might. But I quit enjoying it after he died. Everything changes. And as Maureen said, we have to embrace the things that are different.

Since I donated all my sign stuff to the High School Vo-tech program, I get to go over there and mentor some kids a couple hours a week. It's like having a play date. So fun! I signed up for a mandala art class, too. 2 days a month for 4 months. I'm on a fixed income now and I have had a few large expenses lately, so staying close to home in 2019. I can find a lot of fun in my own backyard. And no, I don't want a boat.
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2019, 10:04 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

I was gifted a mandala dotting workshop for Xmas. It was so fun! Here's what I made:

Cheers,
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2019, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast
Sydney

Hails from Australia

My sweet darling son at the age of 4 would see my dad putting his card into the machine and taking money out. After a couple of months, he asked dad... "GrandPa, what do you do for a living?" Dad replied "I'm retired". My son thought about it long and hard and said "I wish I was retired". He's 12 turning 13 this month.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2019, 09:46 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Beth, sounds like you are making good retirement plans, your time will soon fill up, nice Mandela EP
Sandy, lol kids are so funny
Sure hope everone’s spouse are on the mend
Take it easy with all the shoveling. I am lucky, my DH does the shoveling and lawn cutting (unlike my first husband)
It has been a nasty cold week,warmed up a couple days, and back to the deep freeze again.

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:18 PM

Re: Weeders' Chat Room: pop in and share your news here ;)

Did everyone drown in the snow?? Quiet here.

I won't be rude by bragging about my current sunny 80 degree temp.

Did anyone make painting goals for the new year? I have a series I wanted to do, one per month. I've already missed January.