WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada
Re: QDC - Quick Dry Café July 2019

Not everyone up here has air conditioning. We just open the windows between 5pm and 10am. The downside is we seldom get calm warm evenings we can enjoy.

At the office I had a big fan for the warmest days.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 11:01 AM
A Local Legend

Wow, ,32.....it was 91 here and humid!...lol!....
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS
Not everyone up here has air conditioning. We just open the windows between 5pm and 10am. The downside is we seldom get calm warm evenings we can enjoy.

At the office I had a big fan for the warmest days.

I didn't have AC when I lived in Maine but I used to send my big dog over to the neighbor's who did have AC. I despise hot nights (warm night as you put it) so the temperature tumbling at night was great.

On the other hand, living in a tiny box now I need all kinds or air control, air purifiers, AC, fans..... the ventilation sucks in this hole. The ONLY people I have shared my dream about moving has been on WC. I'd lose local clients otherwise but I so sincerely hope I'm able to move!

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:22 PM

Hails from Canada

It's only 20 here today. This is summer! Friends had us over for lunch yesterday and warned us to wear shorts because it was so warm.

It was warmer in Spain in March!

#65   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

One of my clients, well a husband and wife has some extremely nice artwork. One piece kept calling to me, it's a small, dark piece but I was sure it was Dutch. I go to their place daily to check out their property for leaks, to water plants, etc. Today I decided I was going to pay more attention to the artworks as many of them have plates indicating artists and approximate year. This particular piece had the name "Cuyp" which rang NO bells in my head until I asked Mr Google.

The Artists name is Aelbert Cuyp and the particular piece they own is "Cattle by a River". Google has Cuyp pretty obsessed with cattle. The same clients have many other pieces of art including sculpture. Someone I worked for in the past had an original Picasso. So, I'm just wondering, I'll be watching this home for another 6 weeks or so. If I make a copy of their artworks and replace the originals with my own, will anybody notice?

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:05 PM

Hails from Canada

Sheila -- sounds similar to the plot of a book I read - The Last Painting Of Sarah DeVos by Dominic Smith.

It's a good story with 2 plots: one set in 17th century Holland involving a woman painter and another contemporary involving a modern Australian forger.

Last edited by ColinS : 07-30-2019 at 09:07 PM.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS
Sheila -- sounds similar to the plot of a book I read - The Last Painting Of Sarah DeVos by Dominic Smith.

It's a good story with 2 plots: one set in 17th century Holland involving a woman painter and another contemporary involving a modern Australian forger.

I think it would be a lot of fun doing something like that however, I know better than to go anywhere near something that is over 400 years old! I'd love to put up a crayon drawing of some cows to see who notices BUT there are maintenance people and a house keeper (who always yells at me to close the shades but it's not me!) who are also in and out of that property. I wouldn't want anyone blamed or anyone to freak out.

I actually think the reason why I have some very high end clients is because they foolishly believe that I am mature and honest!

There is a client who I no longer have..... actually I quit or resigned or whatever but she was always asking me to take photos of the homes of other people. People are weird! Who cares what someone else's crap looks like? (But I am duly sworn to never say the names of most of my clients. I wouldn't but there are many who say, "Just tell me"! It's so much more than dogs!)

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:30 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Quicker idea Sheila ..... take a high definition photo, have giclee print made on canvas and switch them .... job done!!!

After very high (32)C temps last week we've had rain and fog over the weekend, spoiling the Air Show at Sunderland ( based at Seaburn Colin) , and now torrential rain and thunder storms ...... yesterday, many thousands of lightning strikes across the country. British summer!!!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 07:33 AM
Enthusiast
Adelaide area South Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
Quicker idea Sheila ..... take a high definition photo, have giclee print made on canvas and switch them .... job done!!!

After very high (32)C temps last week we've had rain and fog over the weekend, spoiling the Air Show at Sunderland ( based at Seaburn Colin) , and now torrential rain and thunder storms ...... yesterday, many thousands of lightning strikes across the country. British summer!!!

Oh my, you sure know how to give out the wrong ideas... referring to giclée print made - I know you are joking, but just read an art scam in the news tonight around an American lady sued and scammer put in jail.

Yes, just saying to my daughter in law who is off to your side of the pond , you will have to take double luggage... stuff for hot and stuff for cold. I have lots of friends in UK and I was watching the news the other night where the bods in London were jumping into fountains, the Thames eeek and other unhygienic places to seek relief.

It is almost incredible to see UK vary so much within a week. I so feel for everyone over there... our temps are often 40+ and stay like it, but there is a huge difference between dry heat ( ours) and humid like you have.

When its really hot here, most people who don't have air con can go spend a day in any shopping centre, public place, library etc in the cool.
I was a bit taken back when the news reader mentioned that London was not equipped with the necessities for cool.
That is so difficult for the aged and infirmed.. I wonder how they manage.

Cheers, (fingers crossed everyone for rain in south Africa and mid land NSW aus. ) not my area, but we should all care about each other just the same.

Merri
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 10:45 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

So blue, we had about the same temperature.

Stormy this morning. I'm sure the weeds are laughing. Just a few more days until we spend a week at the lake.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 03:13 PM
A Local Legend

But water freezes at 32....? ....
And it’s ‘color’....
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-31-2019, 04:03 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Oh dear blue, you're such a slow learner ... and all the efforts I've made to tear you too!!!!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**