Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bongo

I happened to be in a Ross department store the other day and they had 40″x60 stretched canvas for $19.! I don’t normally paint that size but I was tempted to get one and do an abstract (which I also don’t normally do). I prefer to paint on hardboard (masonite) but imo, canvas weighing a lot less, would be better at that size. These were gallery wrapped 11lb low profile (5/8″?) that looked to be of decent quality. They also had TWO 34″x40″ canvas for $19. And a lot of smaller sizes that were well priced. And other art supplies brushes, etc..

Daiso is an all Japanese $1.50 store – unless marked otherwise. About 90% $1.50 and the “otherwise” stuff is reasonably priced. If you have one near you check it out. Lots of bizarre stuff, all the packaging in Japanese. But I did score a set of 6 nice nylon brushes for $1.50. Also a roll of “kraft” tape ”
        1 5/8″ by 150 feet for $1.50 which can be used in place of painter’s tape that cost many times more. They also had SETS of quality permanent acrylic and oil based markers for $1.50. and lots of cool Japanese stuff I hadn’t seen before.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
        STUDIOBONGO

La_

$19 is a wicked good deal for that size – IF, when you lay it flat on its back on the floor, it doesn’t wobble.

la

bongo

$19 is a wicked good deal for that size – IF, when you lay it flat on its back on the floor, it doesn’t wobble.

la

did not wobble and the stretcher bars looked of good quality with ample
                cross members. I may just go get one and make an abstract.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
                STUDIOBONGO

La_

get it while the getting’s good

’round here i’d have to pay 90(regular price) for a 36×48

la

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.