Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Burnham Overy Staithe, Norfolk

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    wendyv123

an other Geoff Kersey tutorial. This one had a lot of challenges, the figures, the shadows, the weeds and bushes, me messing up the sky, smudging things etc…. Every tutorial has big challenges for me, I am painting for +7 months now. I am going to try and stretch the paper next time. I will probably do this one again in a few months or so. I had to paint the birds to cover up some splatters :( [ATTACH]856591[/ATTACH]

ErnstG

Beautiful light and shadows – prima composition!

Ernst

Meine Seiten - My website
            Malen ist nicht alles im Leben - aber ohne Malen ist alles nichts!
            Painting is not everything in life - but without painting everything is nothing!

KiwiKate

Wow — this is beautiful. Love the light and the greenery.

Kate
                Henderson, Nevada
                C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

RBloechl

The long shadows in the mid-ground suggest a low light source behind the building to the left. The backside of that building would be in shadow and cast a shadow over the vegetation behind it and onto the road. Be sure to make your light source and shadows consistent. :)

Rich

wendyv123

The long shadows in the mid-ground suggest a low light source behind the building to the left. The backside of that building would be in shadow and cast a shadow over the vegetation behind it and onto the road. Be sure to make your light source and shadows consistent. :)

Rich

it is not in the original tutorial so I did not include this, but I was thinking the same thing when painting… I will paint this again (hopefully without the smudging, splattering etc…) and I will adjust some things :) for now it was just about learning some techniques. thnx for the advice

Wassie
                            hoylander

Extremely well done, Wendy! Good for you after only 7 months painting!

Joan :wave:
                                pjartwc

Superb!

C&C WELCOMED

Jan

Ellen E

I think the birds are a serendipitous happening for the painting. I think the birds really act as a completion and kind of the icing on the cake. I think without the birds it wouldn’t seem as complete.

Only 7 months painting? That’s about the same time I’ve been learning to use watercolor. You’re doing beautifully. :)

Retiree

Lovely!

FrankM

Excellently executed! A wonderful painting!

FrankM

wedfabcor

Nice painting – the lines on the buildings are so perfectly straight. I could not do them that well with a straight edge. Excellent work – 7 months?? And I often do my paintings 2-3x before I call them finished. The initial runs are to try out colors and techniques and then I paint the final one with everything I learn.

Bill Davis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.