Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Wednesday 3rd January 2018 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, still dark out there, dry at the moment. I will find out if there is any wind damage when it gets light.

Stay warm everyone.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Lulu

Not hard for us to stay warm Doug.:D

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

doppler

Still dripping here Doug.

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

Hi Lulu, Annie, a mild 6C/52F here, no fence damage or flooding here.

Scientists are forecasting a mini ice-age in the next 30 years due to the Sun’s natural cycles.

Doug

doppler

Or the gulfstream slowing as Greenland melts.

Had to give Eli instruction tonight. She came to me almost crying. I gently wiped the cat tears from her eyes and said, you must NOT jump on your big sisters neck and bite her ear. Poor baby.

Annie
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

shipbroker

Doug.Dr David Bellamy always reckoned that we were still in a mini Ice Age situation…..I won’t be around in 30 years anyway.

Windy all night, recycling bins down middle of road,two of mine missing. Breezy but cold now,much of market not turned up after heavy rains yesterday…..

Pool busy again.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

This was the article Geoff.

Doug

doppler

Cats have made peace, sort of.

OAO :wave:

Annie
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

:wave:

I have had a wonderfully productive day, researching and business admin. Right up my alley.

Deliciously cool here right now at 8.30pm

Annie aaaaaaaaaaaaw:cat:

Char I am looking forward to seeing your book covers..

June so sorry to read you are so very cold. can your daughter come and get you and your furkid and take you to her home fr the winter?

Kay and Esme :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Linda huge hugs

Have a fabulous day those north of me and a lovely evening down here..

:grouphug: :heart: :heart: :heart: :grouphug:

JJ
                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                        MY BLOG
                        My Youtube videos

:wave: everyone,
                        I have a busy day planned. First is the gym (hoping to be there by 8:00), then a quick trip to the grocery store. I’m going to a potluck lunch with some of the retired nurses at a friends house and I don’t have time to make something hot so I’m bringing a charcuterie board. I need some cheese and meat to put on it but I have the rest of the ingredients so I’ll bring that with some home made dinner rolls. After lunch I have to pick up my painting from our art club’s show at the museum (the other one was bought by the museum) :eek: , and then it’s back here to finish taking down the decorations. I have about half the living room left to do including the tree.

I’ll keep this short because I need to get my breakfast and get the wash in the dryer before the higher electricity rates start at 7:00. :rolleyes: Keep warm or cool as conditions warrant. Enjoy your day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

shipbroker

Thanks for the clip Doug, no doubt many Daily Mail readers,not you, will start stocking up on candles now.

Very sunny now but still chill wind here.
                            geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

RickH

Seems the new mat is popular…..nothing new here weather still above normal…….fell asleep in chair…getting old

Bill

Good day all,

7 F and windy. Dangerous out there.
                                    I am worried for the east coast. A Bomb (cyclone) winter storm is approaching with snow and extremely low temps. If power goes out, so many could freeze. I hope many of them have portable oil heaters.

The ice age may come due to the sun’s cycle, but mankind isn’t helping either.

Doug, your temps sound tropical compared to ours. It’s hard to say what effect the melting ice will have on the Gulf Stream.

Still designing and drawing out my pen & ink. I’ve been away from art too long.
                                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good Morning all,
                                    It is almost 7:30 a.m. here in getting light but frigid cold temps again today. Don’t know if we’ll break another low temp like we did yesterday, but it will be almost as cold.

Fortunately our heater is working nicely so we are snug. Our house was built in 1940 and still has the original windows. The cold was radiating off them yesterday so we kept the blinds and curtains closed on them. We looked into replacing the windows when we first moved in. Unfortunately, if we had put new windows in, it would have changed the look of the house in the front because they didn’t have ones in the same configuration as the originals. (It would have cost us mega$$$ too.) So we decided to live with the ones that were there. Usually it isn’t a problem, but these low, low temps are bad.

June, I hope your daughter can give you some help and relief from the cold.

I’m a bit worried about Larry. He may be coming down with something because he was feeling cold and clammy and upset in the tummy when he went to bed early last night. :crossfingers: it isn’t the flu and he feels better when I wake him shortly.

Annie, Love the cat photo. :D

Ellen, Congratulations on having your painting bought by the Museum. WOW!

:wave: to all who were here before me and to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

HarvestMoon

Char what a photo! We came across black grackles covering all the electrical lines at ONE intersection in San Antonio recently when it was cold and rainy. Don’t know why that one intersection!

Sylvia I guess the chipmunks have some good instincts. Poor squirrels are still hunting for food and we are still feeding them.

Doug I have a high school acquaintance who loves you know who and is saying this cold is proof there is no global warming. Rolling my eyes.

Annie it is always so much better when cats (and dogs) are at peace. Our house is frequently like the old Snoopy cartoons!

JJ I am still wondering what your new business IS!

Bill quite true, the earth does has these natural cycles, but our abuse of the earth has greatly accelerated them.

Sylvia do your windows form a lot of condensation inside during the cold that keeps the windowsills wet? Ours do, I never noticed that at the old place before.

I was afraid Mercury the goat would not make it through a cold winter and he has been down in the barn but eating. We gave all our old blankets and bedspreads to the charity shop and had to go buy one for him.

Too cold to even try to sort the stuff in the garage. Very lethargic, geology writing stalled over the holidays. Library guy never called me back about the Books. If he doesn’t soon, they go to a different nearby library.

Harvest Moon 🐐

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.