Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum alternative for Richeson Ice Blue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

If anyone can suggest an alternative for the Richeson Siva Ice Blue oil in a tube, I would be very grateful. I found Schmincke Missoni Bluish Grey, but I am only looking at computer screen colours.

I am in the UK, and although Dick Blick and others sell it, they want FOURTY DOLLARS for shipping for a tiny tube costing about $6. Not prepared to do that.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

p_nathan

Looking at the pigments and the color on my screen:

PW6—Titanium White
        PB27—Prussian Blue
        PBr7—Burnt Umber

If I were to replicate this, I’d go for a ceruleum blue / titanium / raw umber mix, myself.

I *think* http://www.michaelharding.co.uk/colour/kings-blue-light/ would be close?

hobbyist in oil.

thanks for this but I think that Michael Harding is not right. The Ice Blue is really just a light bluish-grey. Closest I have found – tho only on screen – is Schmincke Bluish Grey, 1 and 2, but I have no idea if I am near, because I cannot get hold of the Richeson to check!

That is why I am asking here…hoping to find someone who knows the colour well, and can advise with some authority!

Jackie

Gigalot

Try Prussian Blue as a base color and mix grey from it. Pr5ussian blue is just perfect for mixing gray shades!

will do thanks. Just rather wish I could get the Richeson oil stick, to have something to judge against rather than colours on a screen. This question was put to me by someone and I feel I cannot properly advise how to mix a similar colour without proper info.

I asked Richeson themselves, and they confirmed to use Prussian Blue…no more than the teeniest bit, with Titanium white and a very very small amount of Burnt Umber.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • The topic ‘alternative for Richeson Ice Blue’ is closed to new replies.