Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush First Spray Painting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AllisonR

Stinking up the whole house but spray paint is fun! This is on a piece of scrap wood, I obviously need to practice before I’ll paint on the real wall. Stereotypical piece I know, I’m not trying to be creatively inventive, just trying to figure out how spray paint works, how caps work…. watched a lot of youtube videos before starting.
        Lessons learned:
        1. don’t use a heavy wide rimmed jar to cover planets, it makes an ugly rim.
        2. Have to work SUPER FAST. Spray paint dries instantly, makes acrylics seem slow drying. (I am used to oils taking days or weeks to dry).
        3. needle cap and standard cap make nice stars, orange fat cap and astro cap only make soft fuzz, not stars.
        4. Use way more colored paints than I did, most will be hidden by the time I am done.
        5. silver makes nice distant grey stars, transp. white makes medium stars, opaque white makes closer stars.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
        ianuk

I’d say you’re doing pretty well Allison. Are you using just one small airbrush or a larger spray first to cover larger areas?

Jon

Acrylic spray paint? Cans or compressor?
                This forum is more for the compressor style of air painting rather than spray can painting.

Yes, this is pretty amazing. The whole universe from a can of paint. Great idea about the use of transparent vs. opaque white paint.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

fedetony

See this post for making perfect circles for your planets ;)

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

maryinasia

Beautiful

Snow_tabby
                          Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.