Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes ‘One Man And His Dog’

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

Detail on another commission from the Blairgowrie area
        Final painting 15” X 11” watercolour.
        Jim
        [ATTACH]870574[/ATTACH]

Great landscape with a story.

Christel

vegaskip

Thank you Christel. Here is the whole story, probably returning from a Search and Rescue sortie in the Cairngorms just north of here
            Wessex HAR2 SAR helicopter from ‘B’ Flight 22 Squadron at RAF Leuchars flying low near Craighall gorge just a few miles north of Blairgowrie.
            W/C A3
            Jim
            [ATTACH]870592[/ATTACH]

Cool! Love it!

Christel

Bardo

Fantastic. The detail of the man and his dog is charming, and then the big picture brings a more complex story into view. As an old helicopter pilot I appreciate your accuracy in depicting that lovely old bird. Do they still fly this model?

vegaskip

Fantastic. The detail of the man and his dog is charming, and then the big picture brings a more complex story into view. As an old helicopter pilot I appreciate your accuracy in depicting that lovely old bird. Do they still fly this model?

Not for quite a while, even the Sea King is retired. I spent most of the 1960s working with Dragonfly’s, Whirlwinds, and Wessex. Along with all sorts of fixed wing types. I was Crash Rescue / Flight Deck Crew , afloat and ashore. What did you fly?.
                    Jim

Bardo

Jim,
                        I flew the Kaman Sh-2 Seasprite off of frigates and destroyers. Then I transitioned to the SH-60 Seahawk variants. Retired in 2010.

DreyDay

I like the subject material that you picked, this hilly area, with the trees going up the hill, this is a very pleasant thing to look at. The man and his dog look great too, offset to the left and in a great natural pose. I especially like how you precisely nailed the helicopter, everything about it is very well detailed, looks picture perfect. I think it’s cool to see the various ways you can paint in watercolors, from the helicopter’s sharp realism to the desaturated background with its lighter ambiance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.