Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Leah Howard

Hey Everyone,

I’ve been gone for awhile, just being too overwhelmed from work to do any painting. After a week and a half of being forced to stay home I finally picked up a paintbrush again and finished this frog I had started about two months ago. I think it will be my last frog for now. I’m definitely ready to try other subjects. I see some things I could tweak a little but I’m trying really hard not to just move on (although I wouldn’t mind hearing feedback anyway). It was a bit of a struggle but it turned out better than I expected. I actually wanted to redo the sketch in landscape orientation but decided to just go ahead with it this way for practice because I was afraid I might never get back to it if I tried to start over.

It’s 5.5″x7.75″. I realized when I peeled the tape off I had taped it wrong. It was supposed to be closer to 7″ tall for easier framing. Oops.

Thanks for looking. :)

C&C Welcome!
        @leahpaints

Kaylen

another awesome one. I think that the bottom area might be a little long.I would consider cropping a bit above the signature,,,then re-signing of course, but I like it as it is also,great work

Kaylen Savoie
            https://www.savoieartist.com/
            At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

Your frog looks so real, but wonderfully done.

LIL

Well done! I like the cool highlites on the frog and warm shadow on the frogs underside.

Leah Howard

another awesome one. I think that the bottom area might be a little long.I would consider cropping a bit above the signature,,,then re-signing of course, but I like it as it is also,great work

Thank you for the feedback. That is exactly why I had wished I drew it in landscape orientation. I probably put it down and picked it up 20 times before deciding I couldn’t not fix it. :lol:

Now it is at least closer to the size I originally intended!

C&C Welcome!
                @leahpaints

Tim Goss

Very beautiful and realistic, Leah. I especially like the white you left on the tree branch. It makes it look moist and/or shiny. Very eye catching. I actually like the first one better, but both are great!

Tim

Tim Goss Watercolors
                    http://www.timgosswatercolors.com

KiwiKate

Really an excellent frog! Welcome back!

Kate
                        Henderson, Nevada
                        C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

FLNH

Very well done. I, too, prefer the first version.

Karl
                            Florida, New Hampshire
                            USA

Leah Howard

Thank you for the comments! I am honestly a bit torn between both versions. The extra space at the bottom of the first one gives it a sort of asymmetry I kind of like but I can fit the new version into pre-cut matboard. I guess next time I’ll have to avoid the problem altogether by measuring better. :lol:

C&C Welcome!
                                @leahpaints

MB McKinley

I like them both. Having them fit standard size mat is a bonus and I see little loss here. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.