Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery Cape Daisy Work In Progress

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kat_skinner

Hi everyone,
        I thought I would share some WIP photos from my Cape Daisy pastel painting.
        The entire artwork is 30x40cm on Anthracite Pastelmat paper. I am using Panpastels and Faber-castell Pitt Pastel Pencils.

Donna T

You have a very nice start on this, Kat, and I like the composition very much! It’s going to be big and bold. Thanks for sharing your steps with us!

Donna
            C&C Always Welcome

pastel65

Great colors. Looking forward to seeing final painting. Pam:wave:

Katiepea

Love the bold colour choice. Looking forward to seeing updates.

kat_skinner

Hi everyone,
                        Wow I have been so busy this last week or so. I have since finished this pastel painting.
                        I can’t get the “Insert Image” field to work, so I have attached the photos to the post. Hopefully it will display fine.

Daisy1.jpg shows some of the close up details. The pistils of the flower are about 4mm in size each. I have added 4 colors on most of these (dark blue, medium blue, light blue and white).

daisy2.jpg and daisy3.jpg are quick photos I took whilst working on it. It just shows some of the progress and how I moved around the entire flower, working on each petal.

thumbnail.jpg is the finished painting!

Frances Obie

Stunning colour and texture!

Frances

My Web Site
                            water girl

Color, texture, drama…it has it all. Well done!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Donna T

Wow! What a finish! Those colors really pop!

Donna
                                    C&C Always Welcome

Stunning… love the colors and dark background.

Annette

Annette Bárcenas O.
                                    Instagram: @annettebarcenasdemadrid
                                    www.abarcenas.com
                                    "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way... things I had no words for". - G. O'Keeffe

Katiepea

Looks vibrant and gorgeous! Well done!❤️

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.