Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Hansel and Gretel-taurs! WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Ok this is a repeat … I painted a small 5×5″ version of this years ago, one my friend Don did not get, LOL! He would like a version of his own so this is a larger 11×14, loosely following the original. :cat:

The 5×5″ original painting

[FONT="Tahoma"]EquiArt-n-More ... Stylistic Realism in Oils[/I][/B]

ETSY FACEBOOK FAA EPILOGUE [/CENTER][/COLOR]

Some pics from the start

Sketch

Full size drawing transferred to painting panel

blocking mass colors and start of background trees

Background trees nearly done, start of work on gingerbread house.

That’s all I have photos of right now although I do have more done on the house. More to come soon! :wave:

Yay! Love your wip’s!

I like the change in their stances. The bodies where human meets horse looks better too, it’s more realistic.

Can’t wait to see more!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Thanks Virginia!

Here I’ve done more on the house. It has a ways to go yet. 😆

chiron22

Hi Kerry & VMRS! Welcome to a new Centaur commission! I liked the original 5 by 5 inch Hansel & Gretel painting by Kerry but saw it only after it was sold. I’ve thought about it for a couple of years off & on. I finally asked Kerry if she would like to make another larger painting of the Fabled siblings. She said OK! “Cool”, I said! It is going well & will be a Dilly of a picture! :thumbsup: Talk to every body in a while. Take care all! Sincerely, chiron22–Don :cool:

Hi Don, nice to see you. :)

Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

The original is very nice. Enjoying seeing the progress on the new one.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

chiron22

Hello Kerry & LavenderFrost! Good to see you too! :wave: Kerry, I will call you tomorrow afternoon to discuss a couple of items! Don’t be worried! :lol: Till another update comes along, everybody stay healthy! :heart: chiron22–Don Kephart :cool:

Any updates? :)

Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Sorry for the delay on this. I have been working with it off and on but mostly I’ve been repainting the same bits over and over! 😣🤔

I have an idea of what I wanted the cottage to look like … a candy studded gingerbread house with a toasted meringue-like roof. Well it just was not coming out as I envisioned so I’ve been trying some other ideas. I’ve finally decided to skip the meringue look and go with a decorated frosting look. Lol! So that’s where it is currently … with the frosted base painted in and still awaiting the decoration.

This will also have candy gardens in front of the house and along the walkway. The walkway itself will be chocolate studded with chocolate candies. Ummm … just typing this … could put anyone into a diabetic coma! 😑😆

There is still much to do here but getting the house sorted should get me moving along a bit faster again.

😙

GemHeart

Amazing! I love when people change up classic things into something you wouldn’t expect. Amazing job.

GemHeart

I’m diabetic and that’s a coma I’d risk. :D

This is coming along so nicely. I can’t think of how I would paint toasted meringue, that is a conundrum. I like the frosting. It’s so sweet, it’ll make a nice contrast to the witch.

Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

chiron22

Dear Kerry, Welcome back! Welcome to you GemHeart & again VMRS! :clap: Glad that you figured out what to create on the Gingerbread/ Candy house & property, Kerry! :thumbsup: I love the blue ribbons, corset and cuffs on Gretel! :heart: Both siblings lower bodies are getting smoothed out! :angel: A good update Kerry! :cat: Now we can imagine what wonders you will have for the next update & beyond! “It should be another Sweet Commission Painting!” :smug: Till next time…Everybody be Happy & Healthy! Sincerely, chiron22–Don Kephart :cool: PS. Just a thought… Is the Witch the Famous, “Old Grey Mare!?” :eek:

I understand lol. I did a “Marshmallow World” for Christmas once. The snow was supposed to be marshmallow cream. Really struggled to get it to look right, looked at all kinds of pictures, completely redid parts of it a few times. But it was a little easier for me to change things because it was digital. It’s fun though, thinking of different sweets to replace things with. I like your ribbon candy shutters.

The old grey mare ain’t what she used to be. lol

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                    Every painting is a new adventure.

talisman

Looking good!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.