Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art What Dreams May Come

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jimwhalen

I have had a long creative dry spell interrupted by intermittent periods where I have made what I consider to be mediocre works. In yet another attempt to jumpstart my creativity, I have begun to add to a series of work I did several years ago. This piece is called “What Dreams May Come”. It’s Acrylic on 18″x24″ canvas.
        All comments are appreciated.

The essential thing, for me, is to offer a visual expression of those things in our experience that words cannot express www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com
        Greggo

Stunning!

was this ever posted here before? It seems familiar, in a very good way.

this is one of my favorites.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

jimwhalen

Thanks, Greggo. Yes, this is from the existing series. I guess I wasn’t clear. New work to follow.

The essential thing, for me, is to offer a visual expression of those things in our experience that words cannot express www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com
                laf.art

Yes, I remember this lovely piece, good that you’re adding to the series

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                    Instagram laf.abstracts

Hairy wolf

Great work!

trufflecat

I always liked this series, Jim. It’s great that you’ll be adding to it. With this one, I like the way you can explore around and find interesting shapes and even faces.

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
                            Jon

In yet another attempt to jumpstart my creativity

Nice work and good luck firing up the creativity.

JTP/MNR

I like the ghostlike figures that appear between the lines.
                                    Lovely.

Comic artist, illustrator, and fine artist ||
                                    http://www.jphillipsmnr.com (illustration) ||
                                    http:/instagram.com/jtpabstractart (abstract art)

This is splendid and I can find lots to explore within.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Trier

Hey Jim –

Kay just used the most appropriate word that fits;’splendid’! Great colors.

Regards
                                        Trier

Tanja

It‘s beautiful; many layers that invite the eye to wander around.
                                            Regards
                                            Tanja

less is more

Marochette

I have pleasure to look at your painting. I love first the effect of volume and depth, then the vibrant colours and then all I can see with the black lines: I can dream and imagine. Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.