Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Wednesday 1st April 2020

• This topic has 33 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Blah.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

A better night’s sleep 💤 Hmm, emojis seem to work!

I have to call at the pharmacy at 9am to collect my BP tablets.

I was saying how convenient the instant pot is for us men, no standing at the stove watching pans, and much quicker.

I have chosen the April challenge, and will post it later. A memory of our tour of NZ.

Stay safe everyone :heart:

PS One of the people I follow on Youtube is Slim Potatohead, he is a camper extraordinaire and an ace explorer and filmmaker. Today’s episode is a lyrical trip to the Snake River on the border of Oregon and Idaho last fall and contains some wonderful nature shots.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening all.

Nothing day today.

Ellen, good luck with the stairs :eek: :heart: . You have one good leg so … brakes.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Good Morning all,
        It is 5:45 a.m. in still dark Oakwood.

Same old, same old as it seems to be lately. I’m taking the plunge today and trying to use a flash drive to download some of the things off my computer like my recipes I’ve been putting on it and some photos. I hate fiddling with the computer because I really don’t know anything technical about it and Larry knows even less. :lol:

Doug, we gave our daughter Christine an Insta-pot for Christmas and she is enjoying it too. She sent me a photo of her corned beef and cabbage and carrots dinner she made last week. :D

Hope all went well with your surgery, Steve.

Char, Those buns looked delicious yesterday and Ted was handsome with his long hair and stylish mask you made for him. :D

Ellen, I’ve seen people using that kind of wheelie tool instead of crutches when I was at the Base Hospital to get around. It looks like it would be a much easier way to move when you can’t use one of your legs or feet.

Maribeth, so sorry your surgery has been delayed by this horrible C-Virus. :mad:

Bill, sorry you had the little scare with an elevated temp yesterday. My normal temp is 97°, so a reading of 98° would be high for me. ;)

:wave: to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

:wave: to all,

Bill

Good day all,

It will be a little warmer today with some sun.

Thanks, Doug, for Sam’s tour of the Snake. He had quite a palette to work with there.

Sylvia, I guess we’re all a little psychosomatic these days. My normal temperature is 97.6.

Not sure what I’m going to do today.
            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Hi Annie :lol:

Hi Sylvia I use the IP for most main meals.

Hi Bill, glad you are back to normal today.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Good evening from a very tired JJ :wave::lol:

We went for a drive, my idea, because I am going stir crazy. :lol: Ended up at Curtis Falls at Mount tambourine.

Part 1 going down to the falls. Took 20 minutes to walk down, it was a beautiful walk.
            [antv]40PGfIjF2A4[/antv]

Part 2 going back up. I got a spurt of energy, and plowed up all the steps, only took me 10 minutes. Great workout.
            [antv]/bjvHZSmQy9k[/antv]

It is Curtis Falls not Curtin, and I forgot how to edit the videos on YouTube.

Who likes cuckoo clocks, who has one?
            I went to a Cuckoo clock store.

Much love to everyone..

:grouphug::heart::heart::heart::grouphug:

JJ
            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

Marshall

Morning all. Day 1465 of isolation here. anyone got a spare soccer ball? I think I’ll name it Wilson.

Everyone is fine. I have adapted well to isolation but my last 15 years before retiring was spent working remotely so I am used to being at home and nt going out much.

Chris does the grocery runs and the two boys are still working but very limited. Ian does real estate photography so he mostly sees only the realtor and lots of his shoots are vacant houses.

I love our Instant Pot Doug.

JJ is that a billabong? Makes me think of Waltzing Matilda. I learned that song in first or second grade (in Florida) and I have loved it every since. My grandparents has a cuckoo clock from Germany.

:wave: :grouphug: at safe socializing distances of course.

Marshall
                Living the retired life in NE Florida

doppler

Well, there’s self isolation :confused:

Reckless.

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

Bill

JJ, a good time to go cuckoo. :)

Marshall, Tom Hanks named the soccer ball after his wife, Rita Wilson. :)

Having to stay home to care for Janet has conditioned me to isolation. Though, I still feel the urge to run to the hardware or lumber store to hunt for supplies. I don’t!

Annie, is Roger staying home too?
                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Marshall, I don’t think this is a billabong, but I am not sure. Maybe Annie can answer that.
                        The water from the falls traves over the rocks and makes a river.

Bill, it is indeed a good time to go cuckoo!!! :lol: The only time I have stayed home was when I wasn’t well, and then, I didn’t care to go out. I am not good stuck at home other times, but I will get used to it I guess. More gardening and yard work eh.

JJ
                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                        MY BLOG
                        My Youtube videos

Uschi

Good Morning!!

A beautifully sunny day with a high of 10C:thumbsup:

Same old, same old here too except one new sketch:D

JJ, WOW, look at all those clocks. I never had one but I have heard the cuckoo in real life. Lovely pictures and good for you for getting out and about.

Doug, glad you had a better sleep and the monthly challenge photo is lovely.

Maybe I’ll do some googling and have a look at all of the Insta Pot recipes.

Ellen, I saw the scooter in yesterday’s Wash, will be interesting to see how you maneuver it, is it for the house or to go outside with?

Sylvia, re being a computer expertise – you and me both:eek:

:wave: to you Annie and Marshall!! and Bill!!!

Uschi

A good Wednesday to all……sunny, but cooler here today.

Yesterday was a long day. 5 AM check-in at the hospital….in and out. Was home by noon. Final count was 17 gall stones. Everybody was maintaining the recommended distance unless they were doing something that required close proximity. Once in recovery, as soon as I was awake and could walk to the bathroom, as soon as I passed some urine, they had me checked out, in the wheelchair and to the pick-up door. That trip from recovery to the car door and the 20 minute drive home is just a foggy blur. Slept most of the day. Only soreness is the 4 incision points and the gas they inflated the abdominal cavity with has to work its way out of your system. My shoulders are sore….I suspect it was the position they strapped my arms in the table outriggers during the operation……..all in all, doing well this morning, just moving slowly and tenderly……..just wanted to report in to all.

Thinking a nap after breakfast and meds this morning…..sitting is rather uncomfortable. Will try to post more this afternoon……Greetings to all here and those to come……..Be well, be safe, be good, do good……

Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Marshall

I just drove Chris to the store and back. I stay in the car. She was in the medical field and has had all kinds of vaccinations for stuff that I haven’t had. She is better prepared to ward off this mess than I am.

Bill, I didn’t know that. I always assumed it was named for the Wilson Sporting Goods company.

Marshall
                                Living the retired life in NE Florida

Uschi

Steve, so glad you reported in, so glad it’s over and you are doing well and OMG that’s a lot of stones and to think they have been sitting there for God knows how long.

Uschi

:wave: everyone,

Looks like it will be sunny and up to 7 today. I might open a window a little when it warms up.

Nothing planned for the day except I have to get to the fridge to feed my starter. Big plans. :lol:

Brian has left a sandwich, energy bar, and water by my chair. He said it’s like feeding the cat every morning. :rolleyes: Supper will be easy leftovers from last night (pork chops, mashed potatoes, and broccoli/Brussel sprout mix).

I have a cuckoo clock that I found at a garage sale years ago. It was in pieces in a box and I had to figure out how to get it to rebuild it. I didn’t have it going long though because the chimes and a song played every 15 minutes day and night. :lol: It’s still hanging on my wall but not being wound.

Not much else interesting from this corner of the world so I’ll wish you the best day possible and I’ll check in later.

Edit:
                                    Uschi – it’s mostly for inside. It will be at least a month before our snow is gone so I’m hoping to be in a walking cast by then.

Steve – the sore shoulders are from the CO2. I can’t remember the reason why but I do remember all the patients that had laparoscopic surgery had it.

www.ellenspalette.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.