WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ September

Hi everyone. It's hot and humid here today...a sharp contrast to yesterday, which was cold enough for a sweatshirt and misty and cloudy. Sounds like we're in for a rainy week.

Hi Hud. Thank you. Yes, I'm always on the hunt for the right pieces, and I've got a supply on hand so that I can make all sorts of options and ideas come to be without having to venture beyond the studio. Of course, there's always something missing too. Never know what the sculptures will need for embellishments.

Hi Katy. Your duplex idea for a studio is really appealing. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to handle stairs with such heavy, solid sculptures. And thank you, the dog is fitting in so well. Still needs a good name.

Hi Jo. Thank you, he's such a good boy. It's great fun to have a beagle after going over 6 months without one. Your studio is just wonderful! It looks so sleek and modern, and that idea with the rain gutters for shelves is brilliant!

Hope you're all doing well and are having a creative September so far!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2019, 02:27 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Well week one of two is done for the specialized yoga tranng for Melissa - week two starts on Monday. On Saturday we have an invitation to tour Walt Gonskes studio at his home in Taos - he is one of my idols! Then Sunday back to hot muggy Florida! Perhaps even another hurricane! Don't even ask why I live there!!!!!!!! Santa Fe has been fun - we lived here for 5 years 2007 - 2012 so we are quite familar with the surroundings - the best parts for me are the Mexican Food and the milder temps & No Humidity!!!!!!
http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

Last edited by aspenman : 09-15-2019 at 02:29 PM.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2019, 08:54 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Richard, sounds like fun. We always take New Mexico chile home with us. Soooo good.

We drove from New Mexico to Arizona yesterday after the dentist stop in Paloma’s, Mexico. We got in an amazing storm with wind, dust, rain and mud. Yikes.

Heading back to Texas tomorrow.
Winston Churchill
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Jo, that looks like Texas weather, a mix of mud. Be safe.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-17-2019, 03:18 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Richard. It sounds like you're having the time of your life! Do you consider moving back to the west you love so much? Enjoy your time!

Hi Jo. Quite an impressive photo! Wow, so many elements of nature. I'll bet it was a beautiful experience in its own violent way.

Hi Kay. Hope all is well with you.

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-17-2019, 03:33 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Thanks Jenna I'd move back to AZ IN A HEARTBEAT - but not To NM - Santa Fe is a nice & fun place to visit -------- the PEOPLE ARE TOO WEIRD - IT IS CALLED THE CITY DIFFERENT - THE PEOPLE DIFFRENT TOO!!!!!!

Lots of folks come here to "FIND THEMSELVES" and they are really lost!!!!!!!

:>]] :>]] :>]] LOL !!!
http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenman
Thanks Jenna I'd move back to AZ IN A HEARTBEAT - but not To NM - Santa Fe is a nice & fun place to visit -------- the PEOPLE ARE TOO WEIRD - IT IS CALLED THE CITY DIFFERENT - THE PEOPLE DIFFRENT TOO!!!!!!

Lots of folks come here to "FIND THEMSELVES" and they are really lost!!!!!!!

:>]] :>]] :>]] LOL !!!

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2019, 12:48 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Yep, Santa Fe and Taos have lots of left over hippies or artists. Ha. Lots of sensibles away from there. But even our little home town has a bunch of wanderers now, too.

We got home yesterday. Joanna stayed and helped us unload the trailer. Now we have to go get groceries and unload the boxes and suitcases. My art stuff is just piled in my studio.

This was our welcome sunset. Big clouds with the storm in Houston area, they were expecting 10 inches of rain in parts.
Winston Churchill
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Alberta, Canada

Hails from Canada

Jo - that is quite a "welcome home" sunset. Stunning! Once you've got your art supplies sorted out maybe you can take the time to do a sunset picture.

www.evelynmillions.ca
Watercolour & Soft Pastel, Western Canada
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2019, 01:37 AM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

Welcome western ejm. This a good group. I haven't been around much lately due to some travels. Just got back from Maui and was in Alaska a few weeks before that. Heading to Dayton, OH in a couple of weeks and then back to CA a week in Lake Tahoe. Been a busy year.

Here is my home studio. Bought this house because it had this space upstairs. It has it's own full bathroom, walk-in closet and walk-in attic space. Also has an outside deck.

I have gotten hooked on painting portraits. It's something I hadn't done much of in the past, but am really enjoying it. When I finish the one I'm currently working on, I am going to do a couple of Janis Joplin pieces (she is from TX so I think I can show here here..)

When I left for Maui 2 weeks ago it was in the upper 90's here in Northern CA. The day before I got back it was 67 and rained 1 1/2". In the 70's today. There has been some snow on the highway less than a hour from here. We may be in for an early fall (for CA). Nice weather for plein air work.

Any of that strawberry cake left?

Create!
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2019, 09:35 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

western ejm, any painting sounds good for me. Hopefully I will get at least a sketch done today.

Rick, so good to see you and your great art studio. It is wonderful that you are staying so busy. Applause!!

Picked up some groceries yesterday so got some doughnuts. Not as good as the strawberry cake, but sweet! I'm sharing.
Winston Churchill
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Welcome back to the Lone Star state Jo! A lovely scene that you should paint.

Welcome Evelyn! Lots of good stuff here.

Welcome back from your travels, Rick, that's a lot of going, but always glad to see rain. Your studio is so neat!

The Houston storm missed us but it is back into the 90s here, ugh!
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2019, 12:06 PM
Alberta, Canada

Hails from Canada

The leaves are turning gold here already and there's already been frost nearer the mountains. 90 degrees not so much.
Love the studio Rick - good reason to buy a house. I have easel envy as I barely have room for one.
Enjoy the painting Jo. You have beautiful surroundings.
Thanks for the welcome Kay.

www.evelynmillions.ca
Watercolour & Soft Pastel, Western Canada
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everyone! Well, it's officially football season once again. The Packers are playing today, and we're planning to grill brats for lunch. I've got enough to share!

Hi Jo. I'm glad you've made it safely home. What a wonderful sunset to welcome you back!

Hi Evelyn. Ah, I love autumn colors. We're just starting to turn a little fallish here. This is my favorite time of year to have my camera handy - even the sunlight seems more golden.

Hi Rick. Your studio is amazing! So professional and inspiring. You must love the work there. It sounds like you're in for a early fall all right. Can't wait to see your new portraits!

Hi Kay. Hope all is well with you - even if it is beastly hot! We're seeing a lot of mid-80s and very, very humid. I shouldn't long for cooler temperatures, but the humidity could certainly go away anytime now. But, this late-season heat is actually exactly what the corn crops need around here. Most everyone's corn is late because of challenging weather. So we'll take the heat awhile longer.

#30   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2019, 01:29 AM
Lord of the Arts
Arizona

Hails from United States

Hello everyone!! Love looking at the photos everyone has shared... I brought some Iced tea and home made cherry cupcakes for a late evening snack! I know it's late, but I've been super busy. I did post my latest drawing here it its own thread, hope y'all enjoy. We're off in a couple of weeks for our annual turkey hunting trip, so I'm gonna be super busy! Have a great week all!