Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Are sales picking up or anyone?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    contumacious

I hope this is a trend and not a fluke. I sold more paintings in the last week than I did since June 1st! All at full price through my best selling gallery. Any up tick in sales for any of you?

Robin

Congrats!!!!!

Kinda/sorta, I sold two very large commissions a few weeks ago that I’m working on, and have another large one waiting for a few more photos. So more in $$, fewer sales than last August.

Views on my site and etsy have picked up.

Robin

SurrealityArt

I like to think that our economy is returning little by little with each passing day. However, here in the state of CA, even the California Arts Council itself has taken its biggest hit its had in years (less funding/no funding). Even a multitude of Art Galleries have closed down. Since 2011 sales have been unusually tough, but I am seeing a slow return now.
                ~T.J.
                PS. Fluke or not, how cool is that? Enjoy the waves when they come.

contumacious

Thanks for the congrats!

It appears the trend is continuing. Two more paintings sold in the last 10 days. Mine is not the only art that has started selling more in the three galleries I am currently hanging in.

Robin

Three more sales since I wrote above, two average size and one smaller.

Just saw two empty retail shops near me are prepping to open and heard of an older worker who just got a fulltime job in his “old” field, so left his part time one.

Here’s hoping!

Robin

LAabstracts

Sales have been crazy for me all summer here in Los Angeles. Just this week I sold via 3 different galleries artwork to Dubai, Italy, and Japan. Oh and 1 to Washington so actually 4 this week along.

Can’t really predict trends as there are so many variables in selling art – the right collector has to find you – you need to have something they like (color style size and price) and for all those to lineup is amazing enough so I am always thrilled with sales from multiple sources…shows me that I am doing is working.

Original Fine Abstract Paintings
                            Nestor Toro

I’ve done much better this year than last.

contumacious

It is good too see positive reports of continued improvements in sales. Thanks for letting us know.

August ended up being my best month EVER since I got back into painting full time about 7 years ago and decided to once again be represented by some local galleries. I need to get working on more. Every piece that I feel good about offering for sale is now hanging in a show or gallery.

Robin

Good luck and good sales to all!

Robin

DaveCrow

I hope sales are up as I am participating in a local arts festival on Saturday.

"Let the paint be paint" --John Marin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.