WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Animal and Wildlife Subjects
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#106   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast
Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA

Hails from United States
Re: THE ANIMAL INN - Our Chatroom for August/September/October

Penny - Indy is precious, as usual. He must have a very pleasant temperament. I noted that the chat thread stated "Oct." last, and one other time I posted in the "wrong" thread after a new one was made. Fortunately, the health care marketplace website was fixed so I was able to secure coverage for 2020. Even though I have several weeks to do so, I would rather be early, as something always seems to come up to occupy my time.

I still have not sorted through all of the paperwork and photos for my trip, and wanted to post the last port in the correct thread. Cartagena, Colombia was exceptionally beautiful.

We finished through Series 8 on Doc Martin, excepting the last ep, which was incorrect on the DVR as a repeat was broadcast. I am getting the DVD from the library to view the last ep. Tonight we are starting the final series of The Durrells in Corfu.

Last edited by JoyK : 11-01-2019 at 09:14 PM.
  #107   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 10:14 PM
The bottom of the South Island in Southland, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Sorry everyone - yes I meant to begin a new Thread for the last 3 months of this year....but circumstances were out of my control. So we will now just go with this old Thread and I'll begin a new Thread in January 2020.

ANY MEMBER can begin a new Thread in our Chatroom if they would like too. It doesn't have to be a Moderator or a Guide and I would be quite happy for any member to take over the responsibility of managing our Chatroom Thread. So if any of our regular Chatroom Members would like to volunteer for running and keeping an eye on our Chatroom PLEASE let me know?

Moderator; Animals & Wildlife Forum Floral & Botanical Forum Watermedia Forum
My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #108   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2019, 04:06 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

I will keep an eye on the chatroom, Viv, and start a new thread in January.

Joy, it is the “What Are You Working On” thread that is to run until the end of the year - I got muddled!
  #109   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Cartagena, Colombia was our last stop and the walled city (colonial, historical portion) is a UNESCO World Heritage site. I would love to visit there again; it is full of stunning Spanish architecture, churches, sculptures and art. It is very clean and safe. Its beauty was stunning. We took a small private tour with a local. They are so gracious and exceptionally proud of their city.

Here we are in front of the fort.

The old town is beautiful and has all of the traditional (many short) doors and knockers. Everything is very ornate and historical.

A local artist did a finger/sponge painting exhibition . (I have all of the steps, but only showed a few for brevity.) The entire piece took 71 seconds!

There was a small aviary that also contained some mammals at the port just for cruise guests. There were several dozen macaws!

#110   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Penny - Thanks for taking the chat room. I thought any member could start one, but I did not want to be doing something inappropriate that would need to be corrected.
  #111   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2019, 09:54 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

You are welcome, Joy. Only a few of us use it and, as I'm one of those, I thought I'd take it on.🙂

Cartegana looks fascinating. The photos are so interesting and it's been good to see them all and to hear about the holiday.

I am resting today, after a bout of very painful indigestion last night. I've done a little of a bird for the challenge and am going to read and rest now before taking Indy for his afternoon walk. I want to be back earlier than usual today because it's bonfire night and there will be fireworks to upset him.
  #112   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Penny - I know GF Day is very popular and noisy! Independence Day here is getting outrageous with the fireworks going on all week.
  #113   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2019, 05:57 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

It's really time they should be restricted to organised, public displays, or only decorative ones without the noise. I have a thundershirt for Indy and he wore it and went to his bed and was calmer than I expected. Unfortunately, fireworks will probably go on for days.
  #114   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2019, 11:41 PM

Hails from New Zealand

Penny - Many thanks for taking on managing our Chat Thread! Well done

I agree about the problems of Guy Fawkes. Weve had GF night now in NZ and (because we are going into better weather with Summer coming up) NZ has had the usual spate of fires right around NZ, caused by fireworks! AND my poor wee Pippa was very stressed this year with the noise! Animals dont understand!

Joy - Love hearing about your holidays and seeing your travels! Lawrence and I used to go a big overseas holiday every year, for years. Had some wonderful times and great memories! Memories are so precious!

My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #115   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2019, 10:04 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

You are welcome, Viv.
  #116   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2019, 08:39 AM
Germany

Hails from Germany

Thanks so much Penny for taking over the chat thread. I am so sorry I have also been remiss (far more than Viv who has had such a difficult and sad time). My sincere apologies to all of you.

Can you believe it, I dropped a cast iron roasting dish onto my foot on Sunday night. The kitchen looked like a blood bath. Poor old Pete who gets very wobbly when he sees blood, was close to passing out. I had to bandage, mop the floor and try to stop the bleeding. Eeek it was awful. Went to the orthopaedic doc here the next day and had X rays. Two toes are broken and one was really squashed. I also have a crack in the bone on the side of my foot. I am now hobbling around in a hideous orthopaedic shoe which looks like a horse's hoof.

We live on the top floor of a three storey block of flats with no lift. Getting up and down the stairs requires a lot of exertion. I am usual like a bee in a honey jar moving at speed so it is requiring a serious change of mind. Yikes, what a stupid accident.

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades
  #117   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2019, 09:38 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

You are welcome, Chammi.

Oh no! That is so painful. I do hope it all heals quickly. What a pain that you don’t have a lift. Not a place to live when you age and can’t manage stairs!

When I worked at the vets, it was the big men who fainted at the sight of blood and needles.
  #118   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Fantastic photos and thanks for sharing! Hope you'll put them into the RIL as some would make outstanding paintings.

Chammi, ouch! So sorry this happened! Kitchen accidents are the highest plus people falling off their own rooftops my DH says (insurance agent)...
  #119   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2019, 04:05 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Chammi - So sorry about your injuries. Jerry and I are retired podiatrists (foot doctors) and have seen our fair share of injuries. It is fortunate that you did not need surgery. The body can heal itself; so you will be better faster than you know. In our practice, it was always the big, tough guys that fainted for injections. They were worse than the kids!
  #120   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2019, 04:08 PM

Hails from New Zealand

Chammi - So sorry to hear you've had an accident! Your foot must be so very sore! What a horrible thing to happen to you, and very difficult too as you have no lift to your appartment. Please look after yourself and sending big hugs to you

My Blog; Art By Vivien